- Publisher: Microsoft Press,U.S.
- Format: Paperback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 185mm x 226mm x 20mm | 386g
- Publication date: 17 May 2008
- Publication City/Country: Redmond
- ISBN 10: 0735625786
- ISBN 13: 9780735625785
- Illustrations note: 1, black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 387,150
Dismantle the overwhelming complexity in your IT projects with strategies and real-world examples from a leading expert on enterprise architecture. This guide describes best practices for creating an efficient IT organization that consistently delivers on time, on budget, and in line with business needs. IT systems have become too complex-and too expensive. Complexity can create delays, cost overruns, and outcomes that do not meet business requirements. The resulting losses can impact your entire company. This guide demonstrates that, contrary to popular belief, complex problems demand simple solutions. The author believes that 50 percent of the complexity of a typical IT project can and should be eliminated-and he shows you how to do it. You'll learn a model for understanding complexity, the three tenets of complexity control, and how to apply specific techniques such as checking architectures for validity. Find out how the author's methodology could have saved a real-world IT project that went off track, and ways to implement his solutions in a variety of situations.
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$54.08 - Save $14.55 21% off - RRP $68.63
USD$37.26 - Save $15.01 28% off - RRP $52.27
USD$29.27 - Save $6.54 18% off - RRP $35.81
USD$24.95 - Save $16.40 39% off - RRP $41.35
USD$22.48 - Save $0.91 (3%) - RRP $23.39
Roger Sessions is a recognized expert in enterprise architecture. He serves on the Board of Directors of the International Association of Software Architects (IASA), is Editor-in-Chief of IASA's Perspectives Journal, and is a Microsoft MVP in enterprise architecture. He has written six books, including Software Fortresses: Modeling Enterprise Architectures, and many articles. He has been a keynote speaker on the topic of enterprise architecture for dozens of events in more than 30 countries. He is the Chief Technology Officer of ObjectWatch.
Table of contents
* Dedication * Acknowledgments * Introduction * The Question of Complexity * Chapter 1: Enterprise Architecture Today * Chapter 2: A First Look at Complexity * Chapter 3: Mathematics of Complexity * The Quest for Simplification * Chapter 4: The ABCs of Enterprise Partitions * Chapter 5: SIP Process * Chapter 6: A Case Study in Complexity * Chapter 7: Guarding the Boundaries: Software Fortresses * Chapter 8: The Path Forward * This Book at a Glance * Author Biography