Silent Splendour: Palaces of the Deccan - 14th - 19th CenturiesHardback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: The Marg Foundation
- Format: Hardback | 148 pages
- Dimensions: 251mm x 312mm x 18mm | 1,157g
- Publication date: 16 May 2010
- Publication City/Country: Mumbai
- ISBN 10: 8185026963
- ISBN 13: 9788185026961
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps, frontispiece
- Sales rank: 1,971,892
This book examines the private and ceremonial structures found in the five principal dynastic capitals and administrative centres of the Deccan during the 14th-19th centuries. For the first time the Indo-Islamic courtly cultures of the different dynasties that ruled the Deccan, with their surrounding garden areas and water resources, have been considered as one entity. The authors present much new data and interpretations based on recent research. The articles and photographs offer a fresh look at both familiar and unfamiliar buildings, capturing the architectural inventiveness and dazzling details of these now silent but splendid palaces.