Scottish Civic Government Licensing LawPaperback
List price $119.41
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: W.Green
- Format: Paperback | 200 pages
- Dimensions: 230mm
- Publication date: 15 August 2002
- Publication City/Country: Edinburgh
- ISBN 10: 0414014979
- ISBN 13: 9780414014978
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
Fully revised and updated from the first edition, Scottish Civic Government Licensing Law, 2nd Edition is a handy guide to this area of licensing law. This book provides a detailed narrative introduction, and a full copy of the consolidated Act along with practical section by section annotated commentary guiding you through the law. The Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 introduced a uniform code of law and procedure to regulate the issuing of licences by Scottish local authorities for various activities, including taxi and private car hiring, street trading, public entertaining, running a sex shop and second hand dealing. This second edition takes into account the legislative and case law developments since the first edition, such as the Scotland Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998, and the effect of the Alconbury case. The Scottish Civic Government Licensing Law, 2nd Edition is an excellent portable reference for those involved or with an interest in licensing law.
Other books in this category
$15.32 - Save $8.23 34% off - RRP $23.55
$12.11 - Save $7.51 38% off - RRP $19.62
$61.40 - Save $7.72 11% off - RRP $69.12
I welcome this book by Mr. Hajducki and Mr. Stuart as the first comprehensive work on this subject. It will be of considerable assistance to practitioners in the public and private sector. It will also be essential reading for students of the law and procedure relative to the issuing of licences. Andrew R. Hardie Q.C. - Dean of the Faculty of Advocates - of previous edition.
Table of contents
* Narrative introduction * Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 annotated * Statutory Instruments under the 1982 Act as annotated, ranging from: Public Charitable Collections (Scotland) Regulations 1984 to Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 (Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation) Order 2000