Schaum's Easy Outline of StatisticsPaperback Schaum's Easy Outlines
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Schaum Outline Series
- Format: Paperback | 144 pages
- Dimensions: 137mm x 211mm x 13mm | 159g
- Publication date: 12 October 2010
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0071745815
- ISBN 13: 9780071745819
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: Illustrations
- Sales rank: 1,002,216
When you need just the essentials of statistics, this Easy Outlines book is there to help. If you are looking for a quick nuts-and-bolts overview of statistics, it's got to be "Schaum's Easy Outline". This book is a pared-down, simplified, and tightly focused version of its "Schaum's Outline" cousin, with an emphasis on clarity and conciseness. Graphic elements such as sidebars, reader-alert icons, and boxed highlights stress selected points from the text, illuminate keys to learning, and give you quick pointers to the essentials. Perfect if you have missed class or need extra review, this title gives you expert help from teachers who are authorities in their fields. So small and light that it fits in your backpack. Topics covered include: Variables and Graphs, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Elementary Probability Theory, The Binomial, Normal, and Poisson Distributions, Elementary Sampling Theory, Statistical Estimation Theory, Statistical Decision Theory, Small Sampling Theory, The Chi-Square Test, Curve Fitting and the Method of Least Squares, Correlation Theory, Multiple and Partial Correlation, Analysis of Variation, Nonparametric Tests, Areas under the Standard Normal Curve, Student's Distribution, Chi-Square Distribution, and 99th Percentile Values for the F Distribution.
Other books in this category
$6.62 - Save $1.36 17% off - RRP $7.98
$12.09 - Save $9.90 45% off - RRP $21.99
$12.50 - Save $4.50 26% off - RRP $17.00
$17.54 - Save $1.13 (6%) - RRP $18.67
Murray R. Spiegel (deceased) received the M.S. degree in Physics and the Ph.D. in Mathematics from Cornell University. He had positions at Harvard University, Columbia University, Oak Ridge, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and his last position was Professor and Chairman of Mathematics at the Rensselear Polytechnic Institute, Hartford Graduate Center.
Table of contents
1. Variables and Graphs;2. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion;3. Elementary Probability Theory;4. The Binomial, Normal, and Poisson Distributions;5. Elementary Sampling Theory;6. Statistical Estimation Theory;7. Statistical Decision Theory;8. Small Sampling Theory;9. The Chi-Square Test;10. Curve Fitting and the Method of Least Squares;11. Correlation Theory;12. Multiple and Partial Correlation;13. Analysis of Variation;14. Nonparametric Tests;Appendix A: Areas under the Standard Normal Curve;Appendix B Student's t Distribution;Appendix C: Chi-Square Distribution;Appendix D: 99th Percentile Values for the F Distribution;Index