Sampson's Textbook of RadiopharmacyHardback
List price $112.75
You save $14.12 12% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Pharmaceutical Press
- Format: Hardback | 744 pages
- Dimensions: 194mm x 246mm x 34mm | 1,578g
- Publication date: 29 December 2010
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0853697892
- ISBN 13: 9780853697893
- Edition: 4, Revised
- Edition statement: 4th Revised edition
- Sales rank: 126,003
The fourth edition of this well-established text has been completely revised and updated to reflect developments in the science and practice of radiopharmacy that have taken place over the last ten years. As the demand for radiopharmacists continues to increase, this book aims to meet the need for specialised information on the use of radiopharmaceuticals in the detection and treatment of diseases and conditions. The book is divided into the following six sections: physics applied to radiopharmacy; medicinal radio-elements; radiopharmacology and radiopharmacokinetics; radiopharmaceutics: formulation, preparation and quality assurance; radiopharmacy practice; and new techniques for design and testing of radiopharmaceuticals. Sampson's Textbook of Radiopharmacy is supported by the UK Radiopharmacy Group and includes contributions from experts worldwide. It is the only up-to-date reference that covers the regulation of radiopharmacy practice in the UK, the USA and Europe. This book is essential reading for advanced students specialising in radiopharmacy and will serve as a lifelong reference for radiopharmacists practising in PET (Positron Emission Tomography) centres, nuclear medicine centres and radiopharmacies, as well as those working in research or the pharmaceutical industry.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$87.56 - Save $10.15 10% off - RRP $97.71
USD$91.98 - Save $31.29 25% off - RRP $123.27
USD$39.95 - Save $0.63 (1%) - RRP $40.58
USD$29.02 - Save $2.48 (7%) - RRP $31.50
Other books in this category
USD$77.96 - Save $18.25 18% off - RRP $96.21
USD$91.98 - Save $31.29 25% off - RRP $123.27
USD$99.38 - Save $34.42 25% off - RRP $133.80
USD$44.25 - Save $12.87 22% off - RRP $57.12
USD$31.69 - Save $8.15 20% off - RRP $39.84
"All the chapters describe the real basics of the subject, therefore the book is very suitable as textbook and reference work for students on radiopharmacy or persons working in the field of nuclear medicine...the book is well referenced, so that the reader wishful to deepen any topic, may find a bunch of useful information at the end of each chapter; moreover, beside the obvious target represented by radiopharmacists/radiochemists, we would recommend the book to all the other professionals involved in the field of Nuclear Medicine". Sergio Todde, University of Milano-Bicocca, Philip Elsinga, LIMCG Groningen, European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (EJNMMI) 2011 "...the 4th edition is a very useful book. We are using it in our MSc Radiopharmacy option. lt is more detailed and more up to date than Saha's textbook (our other prescribed book)...The book is well indexed...We will continue to use the book for the course." Dr Beverley Summers, Department of Pharmacy/ Photobiology Laboratory, Medunsa Campus (UL), South Africa, June 2011.
Table of contents
1. What Is Radiopharmacy? 2. Nuclear Structure and Radioactivity 3. Radiation Protection 4. Detection of Radiation 5. Physics Applied to Radiopharmacy - Imaging Instruments for Nuclear Medicine 6. Production of Radionuclides 7. Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry - Basic Concepts 8. Fundamentals of Technetium and Rhenium Chemistry 9. Trivalent metals and thallium 10. Radiohalogenation 11. Radiolabeling Approaches with Fluorine-18 12. Carbon-11 13. Other Radioelements 14. Radiolabelling of Biomolecules 15. Radiopharmacokinetics 16. Receptors and Transporters 17. Radiation Dosimetry for Targeted Radionuclide Therapy 18. Survey of Current Diagnostic Radiopharmaceuticals 19. Survey of Current Therapeutic Radiopharmaceuticals 20. Formulation of Radiopharmaceuticals 21. Principles and Operation of Radionuclide Generators 22. Quality Assurance Requirements 23. Quality Control Methods for Radiopharmaceuticals 24. Radiolabelling of Blood Cells - Theory and Practice 25. Particulate Radiopharmaceuticals 26. Design and Operation of Radiopharmacy Facilities 27. Regulation of Radiopharmacy Practice in Europe 28. Regulation of Radiopharmacy Practice in the United Kingdom 29. Regulation of Nuclear Pharmacy Practice in the United States 30. Packaging and Transport of Radiopharmaceuticals 31. Patient Safety and Dispensing of Radiopharmaceuticals 32. The Effect of Patient Medication 33. Use of Drugs to Enhance Nuclear Medicine Studies 34. Molecular Biology Techniques in Radiopharmaceutical Development 35. Chemical Characterisation of Radiopharmaceuticals 36. Evaluation of Radiopharmaceuticals Using Cell Culture Models 37. Animal Models: Preclinical Molecular Imaging, Why and How?