- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 252 pages
- Dimensions: 146mm x 208mm x 18mm | 460g
- Publication date: 17 February 1985
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0500200211
- ISBN 13: 9780500200216
- Edition statement: Reprint
- Illustrations note: 215 illustrations, 60 in colour
- Sales rank: 89,788
A reissue of a classic text on Roman art and architecture.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
USD$3.88 - Save $1.58 28% off - RRP $5.46
USD$20.48 - Save $9.13 30% off - RRP $29.61
USD$7.74 - Save $4.72 37% off - RRP $12.46
USD$17.84 - Save $8.66 32% off - RRP $26.50
By Miroslava Surinova 27 Nov 2010
Nice book with many pictures. The large part is about architecture and for art does not left many space. Some theories are out of date.
Back cover copy
In this wide-ranging analysis of Roman art, Sir Mortimer Wheeler describes the architecture and town planning, the sculpture and painting, the silverware, glass, pottery and other successful artistic achievements of the era.