Road Traffic LawPaperback Blackstone's Practical Policing
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 270 pages
- Dimensions: 154mm x 232mm x 18mm | 422g
- Publication date: 1 June 2009
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 0199559759
- ISBN 13: 9780199559756
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Sales rank: 998,062
This practical guide to road traffic law covers all the principal aspects of roads policing and has been fully updated for this, the second edition. This new edition covers significant changes in road traffic law, such as the enforcement of the Road Safety Act 2006 and updates to the Road Traffic Act 1988. The authors discuss matters such as causing death by careless driving, causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs, insurance and licensing, use of mobile telephones and control of a vehicle, and updates to construction and use rules. This book also features coverage of driver identification, alcohol and drug related offences, traffic signs and fixed penalties. Each chapter is written in non-technical language and combines explanations of the law with practical illustrations, examples, and FAQs on problems commonly faced by police officers engaged in road traffic law enforcement. The book focuses on those areas that are most frequently encountered by traffic officers in their everyday working lives, and is a must for all officers engaged in front-line traffic duties. The Blackstone's Practical Policing Series covers a range of topical subjects of vital importance in today's policing arena. Each practical guide contains clear and detailed explanations of the relevant legislation, accompanied by practical scenarios, illustrative diagrams and useful checklists. Packed with a wealth of information, the Blackstone's Practical Policing Series ensures you have ready access to the tools you need to take on any policing challenge.
Other books in this category
$13.85 - Save $2.58 15% off - RRP $16.43
$86.70 - Save $15.13 14% off - RRP $101.83
$121.96 - Save $3.37 (2%) - RRP $125.33
Michael Orme retired from Greater Manchester Police in November 2004 having completed 30 years police service. He specialised in road traffic policing in his career having spent over 25 years in Road Policing Units both in inner city and territorial divisions.
Table of contents
1. Definitions and Basic Concepts ; 2. Accidents, Dangerous and Careless Driving ; 3. Notices of Intended Prosecution and Driver Identification ; 4. Driving with Drink or Drugs ; 5. Insurance and Vehicle Test Certificates ; 6. Driver Licensing ; 7. Construction and Use and Vehicle Lighting ; 8. Traffic Signs and Pedestrian Crossings ; 9. Operators Licences, Driver Hours and Tachographs ; 10. Vehicle Excise Licences and Registration ; 11. Fixed Penalties ; 12. Speeding and Miscellaneous Offences ; Appendix 1- Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, Schedules 2 and 3 ; Appendix 2- Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989, Regulation 27 ; Appendix 3- Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999, Schedule 2 and Regulations 11 and 19 ; Appendix 4- Driving Licence Information Codes ; Appendix 5- Driving Licence Endorsement Offence Codes