- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Format: Hardback | 480 pages
- Dimensions: 160mm x 239mm x 33mm | 953g
- Publication date: 3 August 2006
- Publication City/Country: New York, NY
- ISBN 10: 0387241612
- ISBN 13: 9780387241616
- Edition: 5001
- Edition statement: 1st ed. 2005. Corr. 2nd printing 2006
- Illustrations note: biography
- Sales rank: 1,151,147
This book is for RF Engineers and, in particular, those engineers focusing mostly on RF systems and RFIC design. The author develops systematic methods for RF systems design, complete with a comprehensive set of design formulas. Its focus on mobile station transmitter and receiver system design also applies to transceiver design of other wireless systems such as WLAN. This comprehensive reference work covers a wide range of topics from general principles of communication theory, as it applies to digital radio designs to specific examples on implementing multimode mobile systems.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$123.96 - Save $20.59 14% off - RRP $144.55
USD$156.46 - Save $29.28 15% off - RRP $185.74
USD$120.94 - Save $19.72 14% off - RRP $140.66
USD$19.77 - Save $0.36 (1%) - RRP $20.13
USD$41.81 - Save $14.92 26% off - RRP $56.73
USD$22.54 - Save $10.08 30% off - RRP $32.62
Other books in this category
USD$12.37 - Save $12.50 50% off - RRP $24.87
USD$33.06 - Save $13.49 28% off - RRP $46.55
USD$50.30 - Save $2.53 (4%) - RRP $52.83
USD$22.54 - Save $10.08 30% off - RRP $32.62
USD$19.24 - Save $8.72 31% off - RRP $27.96
USD$7.99 - Save $1.32 14% off - RRP $9.31
Back cover copy
RF System Design of Transceivers for Wireless Communications is for RF Engineers and, in particular, those engineers focusing mostly on RF systems and RFIC design. The author develops systematic methods for RF systems design, complete with a comprehensive set of design formulas. Its focus on mobile station transmitter and receiver system design also applies to transceiver design of other wireless systems such as WLAN. The book is filled with detailed wireless systems design information, and addresses specifications that are critical for the design process. Additional highlights include: * Fundamental information on communications, signal and system theories * Coverage of superheterodyne, direct-conversion, low-IF, and band-pass sampling radio architectures * Frequency planning, system link budgeting, and performance evaluation of transmitters and receivers * Nonlinearity effect analyses involving intermodulation, interferer blocking, spectrum regrowth and modulation * Approaches for specifying RF ASICs on which mobile systems are built * AGC systems, ADC dynamic range consideration and power management are addressed * In-depth treatment of both theoretical and practical aspects of mobile station RF system design This comprehensive reference work covers a wide range of topics from general principles of communication theory, as it applies to digital radio designs to specific examples on implementing multimode mobile systems. Wireless engineering professionals will definitely find this an invaluable reference book.
Table of contents
1. Introduction. 1.1. Wireless Systems. 1.2. System Design Convergence. 1.3. Organization of This Book. -2. Fundamentals of System Design. 2.1. Linear Systems and Transformations. 2.2. Nonlinear System Representation and Analysis Approaches. 2.3. Noise and Random Process. 2.4. Elements of Digital Base-Band System. -3. Radio Architectures and Design Considerations. 3.1. Superheterodyne Architecture. 3.2. Direct Conversion (Zero IF) Architecture. 3.3. Low IF Architecture. 3.4. Band-Pass Sampling Radio Architecture. Appendix 3A. Intermodulation Distortion Formulas. Appendix 3B. Effective Interference Evaluation of Second Order Distortion Products. Appendix 3C. I and Q Imbalance and Image Rejection Formula. Appendix 3D. Estimation of ADC Equivalent Noise Figure.-4. Receiver System Analysis and Design. 4.1. Introduction. 4.2. Sensitivity and Noise Figure of Receiver. 4.3. Intermodulation Characteristics. 4.4. Single Tone Desensitization. 4.5. Adjacent/Alternate Channel Selectivity and Blocking Characteristics. 4.6. Receiver Dynamic Range and AGC System. 4.7. System Design and Performance Evaluation. Appendix 4A. Conversion Between Power dBm and Electric Field Strength dBuV/m. Appendix 4B. Proof of Relationship (4.4.6) Appendix 4C. A Comparison of Wireless Mobile Station Minimum Performance Requirements. Appendix 4D. An Example of Receiver Performance Evaluation by Means of Matlab.-5. Transmitter System Analysis and Design. 5.1. Introduction. 5.2. Transmission Power and Spectrum. 5.3. Modulation Accuracy. 5.4. Adjacent and Alternate Channel Power. 5.5. Noise Emission Calculation. 5.6. Some Important Considerations in System Design. Appendix 5A. Approximate Relationship between p and EVM. Appendix 5B. Image Suppression of Transmission Signal. Appendix 5C. Amplifier Nonlinear Simulation: ACPR Calculation. -6. Applications of System Design. 6.1. Multimode and Multiband Superheterodyne Transceiver. 6.2. Direct Conversion Transceiver.