Programming WindowsPaperback Developer Reference (Paperback)
List price $57.78
You save $11.17 19% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Microsoft Press,U.S.
- Format: Paperback | 1136 pages
- Dimensions: 191mm x 229mm x 51mm | 1,610g
- Publication date: 1 February 2013
- Publication City/Country: Redmond
- ISBN 10: 0735671761
- ISBN 13: 9780735671768
- Edition: 6, Revised
- Edition statement: 6th Revised edition
- Sales rank: 456,855
Reimagined for full-screen and touch-optimized apps, Windows 8 provides a platform for reaching new users in new ways. In response, programming legend Charles Petzold is rewriting his classic Programming Windows-one of the most popular programming books of all time-to show developers how to use existing skills and tools to build Windows 8 apps. Programming Windows, Sixth Edition focuses on creating Windows 8 apps accessing the Windows Runtime with XAML and C#. The book also provides C++ code samples. The Sixth Edition is organized in two parts: * Part I, "Elementals," begins with the interrelationship between code and XAML, basic event handling, dynamic layout, controls, templates, asynchronous processing, the application bar, control customization, and collections. You should emerge from Part I ready to create sophisticated page-oriented collection-based user interfaces using the powerful ListView and GridView controls. * Part II, "Specialties," explores topics you might not need for every program but are essential to a well-rounded education in Windows 8. These include multitouch, bitmap graphics, interfacing with share and search facilities, printing, working with the sensors (GPS and orientation), text, obtaining input from the stylus (including handwriting recognition), accessing web services, calling Win32 and DirectX functions, and bringing your application to the Windows 8 app store.
Other books in this category
$32.38 - Save $12.61 28% off - RRP $44.99
$41.90 - Save $15.88 27% off - RRP $57.78
$37.76 - Save $20.02 34% off - RRP $57.78
$45.39 - Save $12.39 21% off - RRP $57.78
$28.31 - Save $16.98 37% off - RRP $45.29
Charles Petzold has been writing about Windows programming for 25 years. A Windows Pioneer Award winner, Petzold is author of the classic Programming Windows, the widely acclaimed Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software, Programming Windows Phone 7, and more than a dozen other books.
Table of contents
* Introduction * Part I: Elementals * Chapter 1: Markup and Code * Chapter 2: XAML Syntax * Chapter 3: Basic Event Handling * Chapter 4: Presentation with Panels * Chapter 5: Control Interaction * Chapter 6: WinRT and MVVM * Chapter 7: Asynchronicity * Chapter 8: App Bars and Popups * Chapter 9: Animation * Chapter 10: Transforms * Chapter 11: The Three Templates * Chapter 12: Pages and Navigation * Part II: Specialties * Chapter 13: Touch, Etc. * Chapter 14: Bitmaps * Chapter 15: Going Native * Chapter 16: Rich Text * Chapter 17: Share and Print * Chapter 18: Sensors and GPS * Chapter 19: Pen (Also Known as Stylus)