Principles of Sedimentology and StratigraphyPaperback
List price $183.08
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
Additional formats available
- Paperback $79.58
- Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
- Format: Paperback | 600 pages
- Dimensions: 215mm x 274mm x 19mm | 1,072g
- Publication date: 1 December 2010
- Publication City/Country: Upper Saddle River
- ISBN 10: 0321745760
- ISBN 13: 9780321745767
- Edition statement: International ed of 5th revised ed
- Sales rank: 161,796
This concise treatment of the fundamental principles of sedimentology and stratigraphy highlights the important physical, chemical, biological, and stratigraphic characteristics of sedimentary rocks. It emphasizes the ways in which the study of sedimentary rocks is used to interpret depositional environments, changes in ancient sea level, and other intriguing aspects of Earthâ s history.
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
USD$75.07 - Save $0.57 - RRP $75.64
USD$96.44 - Save $9.47 (8%) - RRP $105.91
USD$95.13 - Save $10.78 10% off - RRP $105.91
Sam Boggs received his B.S. degree from the University of Kentucky in 1956 and a Ph.D. degree from the University of Colorado in 1964. He worked as a petroleum exploration geologist (1956-61) and a research geologist (1964-65) before coming to the University of Oregon in 1965. He is currently professor emeritus at the University. He also held one-year appointments at the University of Tokyo and National Taiwan University, and a six-month appointment at Argonne National Laboratory, University of Chicago. In addition, he worked intermittently (summers) as a research geologist for the U. S. Geological Survey. He has published numerous articles in professional journals as well as four books, including two textbooks in several editions each. His publications cover a wide variety of scientific disciplines: oceanography, sedimentology, stratigraphy, sedimentary petrology, cathodoluminescence imaging, and backscattered electron microscopy.
Table of contents
1. Weathering and Soils2. Transport and Deposition of Siliciclastic Sediment3. Sedimentary Textures4. Sedimentary Structures5. Siliciclastic Sedimentary Rocks6. Carbonate Sedimentary Rocks7. Other Chemical/Biochemical and Carbonaceous Sedimentary Rocks8. Continental (Terrestrial) Environments9. Marginal-Marine Environments10. Siliciclastic Marine Environments11. Carbonate and Evaporite Environments12. Lithostratigraphy13. Seismic, Sequence, and Magnetic Stratigraphy14. Biostratigraphy15. Chronostratigraphy and Geologic Time16. Basin Analysis, Tectonics, and Sedimentation