Principles and Prevention of CorrosionHardback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
- Format: Hardback | 572 pages
- Dimensions: 152mm x 229mm x 33mm | 771g
- Publication date: 1 January 1996
- Publication City/Country: Upper Saddle River
- ISBN 10: 0133599930
- ISBN 13: 9780133599930
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 187,741
For a senior/graduate-level course in corrosion. Comprehensive in approach, this text explores the scientific principles and methods that underlie the cause, detection, measurement, and prevention of many metal corrosion problems in engineering practice. Most chapters progress from qualitative, descriptive sections (including methods of prevention and testing), to more quantitative sections (involving metallurgy and electrochemistry), and finally to sections on current research developments in the chapter topic.
Other books in this category
$12.18 - Save $5.09 29% off - RRP $17.27
$17.36 - Save $2.99 14% off - RRP $20.35
$18.21 - Save $7.79 29% off - RRP $26.00
$45.08 - Save $2.04 (4%) - RRP $47.12
$9.18 - Save $1.03 10% off - RRP $10.21
Back cover copy
Comprehensive approach to scientific principles and methods that underlie the cause, detection, measurement and prevention of many metal corrosion problems engineering practices.
Table of contents
1. The Technology and Evaluation of Corrosion. 2. Electrochemical Thermodynamics and Electrode Potential. 3. Electrochemical Kinetics of Corrosion. 4. Passivity. 5. Polarization Methods to Measure Corrosion Rate. 6. Galvanic and Concentration Cell Corrosion. 7. Pitting and Crevice Corrosion. 8. Environmentally Induced Cracking. 9. Effects of Metallurgical Structure on Corrosion. 10. Corrosion-Related Damage by Hydrogen, Erosion, and Wear. 11. Corrosion in Selected Corrosive Environments. 12. Atmospheric Corrosion and Elevated Temperature Oxidation. 13. Cathodic Protection. 14. Coatings and Inhibitors. 15. Materials Selection and Design. Index.