Population and Family in the Low Countries: Vol. II (Paperback)
$89.86 - Save $26.03 22% off - RRP $115.89 Free delivery worldwide Available
Dispatched in 3 business days When will my order arrive?
DescriptionSince 1972 there has been a close contact through their publications between the Netherlands Interuniversity Demographic Institute at The Hague and the Population and Family Study Centre at Brussels. This co-operation has resulted in the joint publication of the journal Bevolking en Gezin (Population and Family) in the Dutch language. However, there has been a need for wider circulation of the Dutch language studies and research in the field of population and the family. In particular it was thought necessary to make possible an exchange of ideas and findings with popUlation and family scientists abroad. The volume Population and Family in the Low Countries intends to facilitate this international discussion by at least partially lifting the language barrier curtain. Some of the articles and documents included were originally published in the Dutch language, others were written especially for this volume. Population and family covers a very wide field and so do the chapters presented. In addition to demographic studies, articles are presented on population and family sociology and social biology. The editors hope that this second volume of Population and Family in the Low Countries reader, the sixth in their yearly publication series, will serve its purpose. The editors v Contents PREFACE V CONTRIBUTORS IX 1. J. GODEFROY A graphic representation of the process of population renewal - a demographic teaching aid ...
- Published: 28 February 1978
- Format: Paperback 168 pages
- ISBN 13: 9789020706871 ISBN 10: 902070687X
$10.74 - Save $3.73 25% off - RRP $14.47
$6.81 - Save $1.17 14% off - RRP $7.98
$10.82 - Save $5.26 32% off - RRP $16.08
$10.64 - Save $3.83 26% off - RRP $14.47
$7.50 - Save $0.48 (6%) - RRP $7.98
Full bibliographic data for Population and Family in the Low Countries: Vol. II
- Population and Family in the Low Countries: Vol. II
- Authors and contributors
- Physical properties
- Format: Paperback
Number of pages: 168
Width: 152 mm
Height: 229 mm
Thickness: 10 mm
Weight: 281 g
- ISBN 13: 9789020706871
ISBN 10: 902070687X
B&T Book Type: NF
BIC E4L: SOC
B&T Merchandise Category: TXT
Nielsen BookScan Product Class 3: S3.1T
B&T General Subject: 750
BIC subject category V2: JH
Ingram Subject Code: SO
LC classification: HM
Warengruppen-Systematik des deutschen Buchhandels: 17440
Abridged Dewey: 301
BISAC V2.8: SOC026000, SCI030000
Thema V1.0: JH, RG
- Edition statement
- Softcover Reprint of the Origi ed.
- Illustrations note
- Wolters-Noordhoff B.V.
- Imprint name
- Wolters-Noordhoff B.V.
- Publication date
- 28 February 1978
- Publication City/Country
- Table of contents
- 1. A graphic representation of the process of population renewal - a demographic teaching aid.- 2. On methodological aspects in the analysis of nuptiality : an application to the Netherlands.- 3. Prognostic implications of early family building behaviour the use of survey data in estimating ultimate family size.- 4. Evolution of the knowledge about and use of contraceptive methods among married women in the Dutch-speaking community of Belgium, 1966-1976: preliminary results of NEGO III.- 5. Alternative demographic evolutions for Belgium and their impact on macro-economic growth : a quantitative approach.- 6. Labour force participation of married women under 35 years of age in the Netherlands.- 7. Employment of married women.- 8. Public opinion and foreign workers.