Political Institutions in the United StatesPaperback Comparative Political Institutions (Oxford)
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 304 pages
- Dimensions: 154mm x 232mm x 16mm | 458g
- Publication date: 16 February 2007
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 0199283834
- ISBN 13: 9780199283835
- Illustrations note: tables and figures
- Sales rank: 1,020,695
This book helps students to understand American politics by guiding them through the different institutions of American government. It covers the electoral and party systems, the separation of powers between the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government, and the division of powers between the federal government and the states. It also explores the internal organization of each institution. This book gives students a solid understanding of the 'rules' of the American political game, the 'pitch' on which the game is played, and the basic characteristics and orientations of the 'teams' that are playing the game. It enables students to study contemporary American politics with greater understanding, and to see the differences between the government of the United States and the governments of other democracies.
Other books in this category
USD$9.52 - Save $3.83 28% off - RRP $13.35
USD$4.63 - Save $0.57 10% off - RRP $5.20
USD$12.32 - Save $4.00 24% off - RRP $16.32
USD$17.24 - Save $13.93 44% off - RRP $31.17
USD$10.41 - Save $5.91 36% off - RRP $16.32
USD$16.78 - Save $2.51 13% off - RRP $19.29
Richard S. Katz is Professor of Political Science at Johns Hopkins University.
Table of contents
1. The Foundations of American Government ; 2. Federalism American Style ; 3. Elections in the United States ; 4. The American Party System ; 5. The Chief Executive ; 6. The Legislative Branch ; 7. The Bureaucracy ; 8. The Judiciary ; 9. The American Secret ; Appendix: The Constitution of the United States