Patient Care Information Systems: Successful Design and ImplementationPaperback Health Informatics
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Format: Paperback | 237 pages
- Dimensions: 155mm x 235mm x 13mm | 373g
- Publication date: 28 September 2012
- Publication City/Country: New York, NY
- ISBN 10: 1461269148
- ISBN 13: 9781461269144
- Edition statement: Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
- Illustrations note: biography
In the current era of health care reform, the pressures to truly manage patient care and to build effective integrated delivery systems are generating intense interest in patient care information systems. Health care institutions cannot provide seamlees access to care without seamless access to information, and they cannot manage and improve care without improved information management. Patient Care Information Systems examines how to design and implement these systems so they successfully meet the needs of physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. In one convenient reference, the authors summarize and synthesize previously disparate research and case experiences on these systems and suggest future directions based on the evolving demands of administrators and caregivers.
Other books in this category
$10.34 - Save $3.70 26% off - RRP $14.04
$13.04 - Save $2.96 18% off - RRP $16.00
$14.15 - Save $9.27 39% off - RRP $23.42
$12.23 - Save $1.81 12% off - RRP $14.04
$13.57 - Save $2.04 13% off - RRP $15.61
Table of contents
1. The Potential Contributions of Patient Care Information Systems.- 2. Physicians' and Nurses' Acceptance of Computers.- 3. Physicians' and Nurses' Satisfaction with Patient Care Information Systems: Two Case Studies.- 4. Designing Acceptable Patient Care Information Systems.- 5. Developing a Patient Care Information Systems Strategy.- 6. Implementing the Patient Care Information System Strategy.- 7. Redefining the Patient Care Information System.