The Palgrave Student Planner 2013-14Calendar Palgrave Study Skills
List price $12.11
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Palgrave MacMillan
- Format: Calendar | 232 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 218mm x 20mm | 380g
- Publication date: 1 July 2013
- Publication City/Country: Basingstoke
- ISBN 10: 1137325038
- ISBN 13: 9781137325037
- Illustrations note: 2 maps
- Sales rank: 164,393
This best-selling planner is the complete self-management tool for students. It contains everything students need to organise their information and time effectively, including study skills advice, diary pages, personal finance guidance, timetables, useful contacts and websites, spelling rules, notes pages and much more.
Other books in this category
USD$30.44 - Save $7.51 19% off - RRP $37.95
USD$4.98 - Save $1.07 17% off - RRP $6.05
USD$9.38 - Save $4.24 31% off - RRP $13.62
USD$7.85 - Save $2.74 25% off - RRP $10.59
USD$12.14 - Save $6.78 35% off - RRP $18.92
USD$12.55 - Save $2.59 17% off - RRP $15.14
Stella Cottrell is Director for Lifelong Learning at the University of Leeds, UK. For many years she specialised in study skills, dyslexia and educational development at the University of East London. She is author of the bestselling titles The Study Skills Handbook, Skills for Success, Critical Thinking Skills, Study Skills Connected, You2Uni and The Exam Skills Handbook.
Table of contents
1. About This Planner and Diary 2. Dates, Contacts and Services 3. Year Planner 2013-14 4. Calendar 2014-15 5. Notable Dates and Bank Holidays 2013-14 6. Key Dates 7. Birthdays and Events to Remember 8. Personal Details 9. Work/Work Experience Details 10. University/College Details 11. Emergency Contacts, Known Allergies and Medical Conditions 12. Tutor Contact Details 13. Contact Details for University/College Services 14. Quick Telephone Numbers 15. Essential and Local Services 16. Useful Contacts and Websites 17. Addresses and Contact Details 18. Meetings: Societies, Clubs, Sports, Choirs, etc. 19. Diary Pages: August 2013-September 2014 20. 'To Do' Pages 21. Notes Pages 22. Academic and Reference 23. University/College Speak 24. Time Management 25. Revision and Exams 26. Managing Stress 27. Quick Check: Conventions for Academic Study 28. Quick Check: Conventions for Academic Writing 29. Quick Check: Which is Which? 30. Quick Check: Spelling Rules 31. Quick Check: Use of Apostrophe 32. Quick Check: 111 Spelling Troublemakers 33. Conversion Factors (Metric and Imperial) 34. The NATO Phonetic Alphabet 35. Common Symbols and Abbreviations 36. Greek Alphabet 37. Roman Numerals; Prime Numbers 38. Quick Multiplier 39. Periodic Table 40. Astrological Signs; Chinese Animal Years; Wedding Anniversaries 41. International Information 42. Map of The London Underground 43. Map of The National Rail Network 44. Life Organisers 45. Journey Planner 46. Take With Me/Bring Home Again 47. CV Building: Record of Achievements 48. Managing Your Money and Personal Finances 49. Money Saving Tips 50. Standard Shopping List 51. International Clothes and Shoes Conversion Charts 52. Laundry Symbols; Cooking Temperatures 53. Recommended Safe Limits of Alcohol Consumption 54. '5 A Day' - Fruit and Vegetable Portions 55. Recipes: Meals in Minutes 56. Study Organisers 57. Tips from Tutors 58. Recommended Reading 59. Library Books on Reserve 60. Exam Dates and Assignment Deadlines 61. Revision Timetables 62. Record of Marks 63. Week-To-View Term/Semester Timetables