- Publisher: BLACKWELL PUBLISHERS
- Format: Paperback | 640 pages
- Dimensions: 172mm x 242mm x 34mm | 1,120g
- Publication date: 8 December 1997
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 0631201807
- ISBN 13: 9780631201809
- Illustrations note:
Operations Management is concerned with the management of people and the customer processes and involves the study of the design, planning and control of these processes.
Other books in this category
USD$19.16 - Save $5.79 23% off - RRP $24.95
USD$8.42 - Save $5.55 39% off - RRP $13.97
USD$30.01 - Save $18.16 37% off - RRP $48.17
USD$21.62 - Save $17.22 44% off - RRP $38.84
USD$22.26 - Save $0.53 (2%) - RRP $22.79
John Bicheno is Reader in Operations Management at the University of Buckingham. Bryan B. R. Elliott is Senior Lecturer in Operations Management at Bolton Business School, Bolton Institute of Higher Education.
Back cover copy
"Operations Management" is part of a major new national programme of highly developed texts and modules for undergraduate students following business studies courses. It provides 150 hours of quality study to be used by students in a supported learning environment. This comprehensive introduction to operations management enables business studies students to develop an understanding of the importance of operations management in both the manufacturing and service sectors of business. It provides comprehensive coverage of some of the key issues in the field, including Business Process Re-engineering, Quality, Just-in-Time and Manufacturing Planning and Control. Containing numerous activities throughout each unit, "Operations Management" is the most effective teaching and learning resource available at this level.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Operations Management. 2. Product Planning & Positioning. 3. Process Design. 4. Managing Demand and Materials. 5. Project Management. 6. Quality Management. 7. Productivity Methods and Measurements. 8. Scheduling and Capacity. 9. Time Based Operations. Resources.