The Olmecs: America's First CivilizationPaperback Ancient Peoples and Places
List price $14.86
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 160mm x 241mm x 18mm | 590g
- Publication date: 3 April 2006
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0500285039
- ISBN 13: 9780500285039
- Edition: New edition
- Edition statement: New edition
- Illustrations note: 152 illustrations, 20 in colour
- Sales rank: 602,540
The most modern and complete overview of Olmec culture, its accomplishments and impact on later Mexican civilizations, hailed by Michael Coe as the first truly complete and authoritative account of this 3,000-year-old culture, is fast becoming the standard work on the subject.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$7.94 - Save $2.50 23% off - RRP $10.44
USD$26.98 - Save $9.60 26% off - RRP $36.58
USD$7.44 - Save $3.00 28% off - RRP $10.44
USD$14.32 - Save $5.02 25% off - RRP $19.34
USD$15.04 - Save $2.86 15% off - RRP $17.90
USD$16.47 - Save $8.90 35% off - RRP $25.37
Other books in this category
USD$23.14 - Save $9.70 29% off - RRP $32.84
USD$9.57 - Save $3.85 28% off - RRP $13.42
USD$10.66 - Save $2.76 20% off - RRP $13.42
USD$15.56 - Save $12.74 45% off - RRP $28.30
Richard A. Diehl is Professor of Anthropology at the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, where he serves as Executive Director of Alabama Museums and Director of the Alabama Museum of Natural History. His books include Tula: the Toltec Capital of Ancient Mexico, In the Land of the Olmecs (with Michael D. Coe) and Mesoamerica after the Decline of Teotihuacan: AD 700 - 900 (co-edited with Janet Catherine Berlo).
"The first truly complete and authoritative account of this 3,000-year-old culture."
Table of contents
1. Introduction; 2. San Lorenzo's Realm; 3. La Venta's Realm; 4. Olmec Daily Life and Culture; 5. Olmec Art; 6. The Olmecs Abroad: Eastern Mesoamerica; 7. The Olmecs Abroad: Western Mesoamerica; 8. Epi-Olmec Culture.