Nursing Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy!Paperback Made Incredibly Easy (Paperback)
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
- Format: Paperback | 696 pages
- Dimensions: 190mm x 235mm x 27mm | 1,135g
- Publication date: 13 September 2008
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1901831043
- ISBN 13: 9781901831047
- Edition statement: First UK ed
- Sales rank: 140,433
"Nursing Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy!" explains difficult and complex pharmacology concepts in clear, concise, and interesting language, making the information easy to learn and, most importantly, to remember. The text covers fundamentals of pharmacology, including where drugs come from, how they are classified and administered, drugs by pharmacologic class for all body systems, plus pain medications, and potentially dangerous drug interactions. All aspects of how the body processes a drug and the subsequent actions of that drug on the body are discussed in detail, and many are illustrated for clarity. The text is organised by body system, and illustrated with numerous features to enhance comprehension.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$40.09 - Save $0.82 (2%) - RRP $40.91
Other books in this category
USD$9.95 - Save $2.16 17% off - RRP $12.11
USD$50.53 - Save $13.09 20% off - RRP $63.62
USD$18.33 - Save $7.67 29% off - RRP $26.00
USD$32.64 - Save $8.27 20% off - RRP $40.91
Lecturer, Homerton School of Health Studies, Pauline Kingston -- "The book is excellent in that it tests new knowledge and affirms existing knowledge. There is good use of humour...and it's very student-centred. The patient education section after each section is really helpful to focus students on the importance of education to achieve concordance."-Pauline Kingston, Lecturer, Homerton School of Health Studies Lecturer, University of East Anglia, John Clancy -- Concepts are well explained. It is lively and pitched at the level of its intended student market. Students within the field will find it easy to use. Overall the content of the book is excellent. It is methodically organised particularly with the inclusion of the Nursing Process at the end of each chapter. Lecturer, Queen's University Belfast, Bill Scott -- The strengths of this text lie in its overall writing style and ease of reading. It is well laid out and the level of detail and included examples contribute to its overall appeal. This text has the potential to become an extremely valuable resource for students of nursing science undertaking pharmacology modules.
Table of contents
1. Fundamentals of nursing pharmacology 2. Autonomic nervous system drugs 3. Neurologic and neuromuscular drugs 4. Pain medications 5. Cardiovascular drugs 6. Respiratory drugs 7. Gastrointestinal drugs 8. Endocrine drugs 9. Psychotropic drugs 10. Anti-infective drugs 11. Anti-inflammatory drugs 12. Antineoplastic drugs Glossary Ophthalmic and dermatologic drugs Abbreviations to avoid Selected references Index