No-Tillage Seeding in Conservation AgricultureHardback Cabi Publishing
List price $149.54
You save $11.18 (7%)
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CABI Publishing
- Format: Hardback | 352 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 246mm x 26mm | 939g
- Publication date: 24 November 2007
- Publication City/Country: Wallingford
- ISBN 10: 1845931165
- ISBN 13: 9781845931162
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Sales rank: 1,900,053
This book is much-expanded and updated edition of a previous volume, published in 1996 as "No-tillage Seeding: Science and Practice". The base objective remains to describe, in lay terms, a range of international experiments designed to examine the causes of successes and failures in no-tillage. The book summarizes the advantages and disadvantages of no tillage. It highlights the pros and cons of a range of features and options, without promoting any particular product. This work describes: soil carbon and how its retention or sequestration interacts with tillage and no-tillage; controlled traffic farming as an adjunct to no-tillage; comparison of the performance of generic no-tillage opener designs; the role of banding fertilizer in no-tillage; the economics of no-tillage; small-scale equipment used by poorer farmers; forage cropping by no-tillage; and a method for risk assessment of different levels of machine sophistication.
Other books in this category
USD$15.07 - Save $2.87 15% off - RRP $17.94
USD$24.33 - Save $5.52 18% off - RRP $29.85
USD$26.12 - Save $1.56 (5%) - RRP $27.68
Table of contents
* The 'What' and 'Why' of no-tillage farming, C J Baker and K E Saxton; * The benefits of no-tillage, D R Reicosky and K E Saxton; * The nature of risk in no-tillage, C J Baker, W (Bill) R Ritchie and K E Saxton; * Seeding openers and slot shape, C J Baker; * The role of slot cover, C J Baker; * Drilling into dry soils, C J Baker; * Drilling into wet soils, C J Baker; * Seed depth, placement and metering, C J Baker and K E Saxton; * Fertilizer placement, C J Baker; * Residue handling, C J Baker, F Ribeiro, Instito Agronomico do Parana (IAPAR), Ponta Grossa, Parana, Brazil and K E Saxton; * Comparing surface disturbance and low-disturbance disc openers, C J Baker; * No-tillage for forage production, C J Baker, W (Bill) and R Ritchie; * No-tillage drill and planter design - large-scale machines, C J Baker; * No-tillage drill and planter design - small-scale machines, F Ribeiro, S E Justice, P Hobbs and C J Baker; * Managing a no-tillage seeding system, W (Bill) R Ritchie and C J Baker; * Controlled traffic farming as a complementary practice to no-tillage, W C T Chamen; * Reduced environmental emissions and carbon sequestration, D C Reicosk and K E Saxton; * Some economic comparisons, C J Baker; * Procedures for development and technology transfer, C J Baker.