Nick and Norah's Infinite PlaylistPaperback
List price $10.77
You save $3.54 32% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
- Format: Paperback | 183 pages
- Dimensions: 130mm x 201mm x 13mm | 181g
- Publication date: 8 January 2009
- Publication City/Country: Westminster
- ISBN 10: 037584614X
- ISBN 13: 9780375846144
- Edition: Media tie-in
- Edition statement: Movie tie-in ed
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, maps
- Sales rank: 12,119
The New York Times bestselling he-said/she-said rock n' roll romance that inspired the motion picture starring Michael Cera ("Juno," "Arrested Development") and Kat Dennings ("Thor," TV's "2 Broke Girls")! ""I know this is going to sound strange, but would you mind being my girlfriend for the next five minutes?" " Nick frequents New York's indie rock scene nursing a broken heart. Norah is questioning all of her assumptions about the world. They have nothing in common except for their taste in music, until a chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band's secret show and ends up becoming a first date that could change both their lives. Co-written by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, co-author of WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON with John Green (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS), NICK & NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST is a sexy, funny roller coaster of a story that reminds you how you can never be sure where the night will take you... This movie tie-in edition also includes an 8-page photo insert from the film, as well as a map of Manhattan, detailing all of the sites Nick and Norah go to on their all-night date.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$9.60 - Save $5.80 37% off - RRP $15.40
USD$8.31 - Save $4.01 32% off - RRP $12.32
USD$9.28 - Save $0.71 (7%) - RRP $9.99
USD$9.96 - Save $4.04 28% off - RRP $14.00
USD$8.46 - Save $1.53 15% off - RRP $9.99
Other books in this category
USD$8.49 - Save $1.50 15% off - RRP $9.99
USD$9.39 - Save $2.93 23% off - RRP $12.32
USD$9.53 - Save $2.79 22% off - RRP $12.32
USD$7.00 - Save $2.23 24% off - RRP $9.23
USD$8.86 - Save $1.91 17% off - RRP $10.77
Rachel Cohn is a graduate of Barnard College. She lives and writes in Manhattan. David Levithan is a children's book editor in New York City.
By TeensReadToo 28 Sep 2010
Before I start the story that is Nick and Norah, I decided we needed to get some misconceptions out of the way first.
1) I don't live in Manhattan, so I won't understand what the characters are talking about. Wrong! I don't live in Manhattan--actually, I've never been farther East than Ohio, but I still got the gist of the story quite easily. Sure, I might never have visited Times Square, but I've been on the Square in my hometown (population 3,400), and the same types of things went on there that go on in New York.
2) This book is full of cursing. Right! And if you haven't heard a lot of curse words (do I really need to spell them out?), especially from the mouths of teens, in the last twenty years or so, I'm guessing you live on a commune somewhere in the middle of Utah.
3) This book only covers one night. Right again! And oh, what a night it is! One night, filled with all the ups, downs, and sideways that being a teen in todays world brings.
Now that we've got that out of the way, we can concentrate on the story. It's about Nick, a bassist for a band with an ever-changing name, who recently had his heart broken by a b***h named Tris. It's about Norah, an uber-complicated girl with more issues than The National Enquirer, who not too long ago had her virginity broken by Tal. And then there's Caroline, and Jessie, and Uncle Lou, not to mention Dev and Thom, and Randy from Are You Randy?, and Hunter from Hunter. There's beer, and there's drugs, and there's sex, although none of it is Nick or Norah's.
There's heartbreak, and devastation, and lust, and forgiveness, and acceptance. There's parents to deal with, and friends to attempt to deal with, and a boy and a girl who wish that, just once, they could be themselves and not deal at all. There's a love story, and a song about a girl on a street in the middle of the night, and a band that just might make it big, and a car that won't start, and a subway ride that requires jumping the turnstyle.
There's love, and anger, and disappointment, and desperation, and redemption. There's life, and then there's Nick and Norah. There's a story here, and you need to read it.
"Electric, sexy . . . and genuinely poignant, this is a compelling story of the risks and thrills of burgeoning intimacy." - "The Bulletin, "Starred