New Britain: My Vision of a Young CountryPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Westview Press Inc
- Format: Paperback | 352 pages
- Dimensions: 152mm x 224mm x 25mm | 522g
- Publication date: 8 April 2004
- Publication City/Country: Boulder, CO
- ISBN 10: 081334235X
- ISBN 13: 9780813342351
- Edition: New edition
- Edition statement: New edition
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 1,171,962
New Britain presents Tony Blair on all the major debates of British public life: from nationalized health care to crime prevention, from the welfare state to monetary policy, from religion to family values, from individualism to isolationism, from taxation to trade unions, from NATO to Northern Ireland, from community rebirth to economic growth. After seventeen years of Conservative Party rule under Margaret Thatcher and John Major, a change in Great Britain's leadership appears imminent. In Blair's Stakeholder Nation, government works in partnership with private and voluntary sectors to harness the pawer of the market to serve the public interest. In New Britain, we read in Blair's own articulate words how to improve the standard of living of all Britain's families; how to base a new social order on merit, commitment, and inclusion; how to decentralize British institutions of political power; and how to expand Britain's leadership in foreign affairs.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$17.43 - Save $19.69 53% off - RRP $37.12
USD$10.69 - Save $4.14 27% off - RRP $14.83
USD$38.86 - Save $6.14 13% off - RRP $45.00
USD$18.50 - Save $0.50 (2%) - RRP $19.00
Other books in this category
USD$31.28 - Save $13.19 29% off - RRP $44.47
USD$10.07 - Save $4.76 32% off - RRP $14.83
USD$9.80 - Save $2.06 17% off - RRP $11.86
USD$6.34 - Save $1.65 20% off - RRP $7.99
USD$9.52 - Save $3.83 28% off - RRP $13.35
USD$10.07 - Save $3.28 24% off - RRP $13.35
Born in 1953 in Edinburgh, Prime Minister Tony Blair was elected as the Member of Parliament for Sedgefield in 1983. He was elected leader of the Labour Party in 1994 and lead a rejuvenated Labour Party against John Major and the Conservatives in 1997's General Election.
"Offers a clear sense of Blair's perspective on the major issues of the day."
Table of contents
* My Kind of Britain Introduction: Out Of The Wilderness * The Challenge for Labour * The Radical Coalition * New Labour, New Life for Britain New Labour * Accepting the Challenge * New Labour, New Britain * New Clause IV * Why I am a Christian * The Young Country Our Economic Future * The British Experimentan Analysis and an Alternative * New Industrial World * New Labour, New Economy * The Global Economy * New Labour and the Unions Equality And Opportunity * Social Justice * Hearing from Women * Realising Our True Potential * A New Vision for Comprehensive Schools * The One-Nation NHS * The Age of Consent * Housing Security And Responsibility In A World Of Change * Security in a World of Change: The New Politics of the Left * New Community, New Individualism * Our Common Environment * The Rights We Enjoy, the Duties We Owe * Crime and Family Breakdown * Valuing Families * Dear Kathryn... * The Stanley Matthews Culture The United Kingdom And The New World Order * New Nation-state * Devolution * The Northern Ireland Peace Process * Five Questions for John Major on Europe * Britain in Europe Stakeholder Britain * The Stakeholder Economy * The Stakeholder Society * Stakeholder Politics