Nelson: A Personal HistoryPaperback
List price $22.71
You save $2.48 10% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 4 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Da Capo Press Inc
- Format: Paperback | 524 pages
- Dimensions: 156mm x 234mm x 35mm | 826g
- Publication date: 9 June 1996
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge, MA
- ISBN 10: 0201408007
- ISBN 13: 9780201408003
- Edition statement: Revised ed.
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 588,797
In this coloful, absorbing tale of Nelson's life on and off the high seas, Hibbert illuminates the admiral's personality, his personal and political friendships, his relationship with Sir William Hamilton, and his passionate love affair with Hamilton's wife, the beautiful Lady Emma, daughter of a blacksmith and once a London prostitute. Whether quarreling with royalty, wooing beautiful women around the world, or winning history's most famous sea battles, Hibbert's irascible Nelson is a character for all times.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$12.30 - Save $2.84 18% off - RRP $15.14
USD$17.32 - Save $2.36 11% off - RRP $19.68
USD$16.12 - Save $6.59 29% off - RRP $22.71
USD$11.45 - Save $3.69 24% off - RRP $15.14
USD$18.58 - Save $4.13 18% off - RRP $22.71
Other books in this category
USD$6.95 - Save $2.13 23% off - RRP $9.08
USD$11.27 - Save $2.35 17% off - RRP $13.62
USD$10.03 - Save $2.08 17% off - RRP $12.11
USD$8.20 - Save $2.39 22% off - RRP $10.59
USD$20.92 - Save $4.82 18% off - RRP $25.74
USD$5.27 - Save $3.81 41% off - RRP $9.08
Christopher Hibbert has written many well-received biographies, including, most recently, Queen Victoria. He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and an Honorary Doctor of Letters of Leicester University.
Back cover copy
In this colorful, absorbing tale of Nelson's life on and off the high seas, Hibbert illuminates the admiral's personality, his personal and political friendships, his relationship with Sir William Hamilton, and his passionate love affair with Hamilton's wife.
Table of contents
* Burnham Thorpe * Chatham, the Arctic and the West Indies * The Mosquito Shore * The North American Station * France and the Leeward Islands * The Island of Nevis * Norfolk * The Mediterranean * The Palazzo Sessa * Corsica * Cape St Vincent * Cadiz and Tenerife * Bath, London and Toulon * Ab Qr * Naples * Naples * Palazzo Reale * Palermo * The Bay of Naples * The Colli Palace * Germany * London and Fonthill * The Channel * The Kattegat * Copenhagen * The Thames Valley and Boulogne * Merton Place * The West Country * Surrey * The Victory * Return to Merton * Portsmouth * The Atlantic Approaches * Trafalgar * Mourning * St Pauls * The Fate of Characters Whose End Is Not Recorded in the Text