"National Geographic": The Image CollectionHardback
List price $61.90
You save $17.43 28% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: National Geographic Society
- Format: Hardback | 512 pages
- Dimensions: 250mm x 299mm x 40mm | 2,681g
- Publication date: 6 October 2009
- Publication City/Country: Hanover, PA
- ISBN 10: 1426205031
- ISBN 13: 9781426205033
- Edition statement: New.
- Illustrations note: 450 colour and black and white photographs
- Sales rank: 118,621
The book takes the reader from the time National Geographic's first editor and president began collecting pictures, until today, with important photography still being created as energetically as ever. Two thoughtful essays introduce the book, giving varying perspectives on the pictures. Then the book is divided into four themes: 'Wilderness, Exploration and Adventure'; 'Wildlife'; 'Peoples, Cultures and Lifestyles'; and 'Science and Climate Change'. Each section's content and images describe the evolution of photography, both technically and aesthetically. A one hundred page Appendix closes the book and serves as a reference to the entire collection. The appendix is divided into three parts: 'The Special Collections'; 'A Complete List of Subjects'; and 'A Complete List of Photographers'. The Appendix will describe the size, range and character of all aspects of the National Geographic Picture Collection and will feature brief biographies of photographers whose work is represented.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$54.10 - Save $7.80 12% off - RRP $61.90
USD$23.47 - Save $7.46 24% off - RRP $30.93
USD$15.12 - Save $6.53 30% off - RRP $21.65
USD$15.18 - Save $6.47 29% off - RRP $21.65
USD$35.34 - Save $11.08 23% off - RRP $46.42
USD$76.95 - Save $9.70 11% off - RRP $86.65
Other books in this category
USD$24.15 - Save $9.88 29% off - RRP $34.03
USD$18.46 - Save $12.47 40% off - RRP $30.93
USD$46.99 - Save $21.08 30% off - RRP $68.07
USD$31.92 - Save $6.69 17% off - RRP $38.61
USD$27.74 - Save $7.26 20% off - RRP $35.00
USD$14.22 - Save $5.88 29% off - RRP $20.10
Leah Bendavid-Val is Director of Photography Publishing for National Geographic Books. She is the author of some of the most recognisable and bestselling National Geographic photography titles, including Through the Lens (over 70,000 copies sold in the UK), In Focus (over 15,000 copies in the UK) and the original National Geographic: The Photographs.
- "A stunning visual feast and, most of all, inspiration to care about the planet." -"-The Boston Globe" - "It is a photographer's delight. Heavily packed with a little more than 500 pages, "National Geographic Image Collection", a coffee-table book from the photography powerhouse National Geographic, is a visual treat." --"Asbury Park Press"