The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading SharesPaperback
List price $20.16
You save $4.05 20% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Harriman House Publishing
- Format: Paperback | 360 pages
- Dimensions: 154mm x 230mm x 30mm | 558g
- Publication date: 1 February 2008
- Publication City/Country: Petersfield
- ISBN 10: 1905641516
- ISBN 13: 9781905641512
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 32,572
It's back - and this time it's even more revealing. In this completely updated and expanded edition, top trader Robbie Burns gives you the lowdown on the strategies you need to make money from the stock market without having to sit at a screen all day. Robbie quit the rat race in 2001, and believes you can do it too. The original "Naked Trader" flew off the shelves as the glowing reviews from readers mounted up. This new edition contains loads of new stuff: more essential tips, more key facts, more ideas, more insights, more real-life tales and an awful lot more toast. Robbie, aka the "Naked Trader", is your expert and highly entertaining guide to the often baffling world of the stock market. In between cups of tea, rounds of toast and the occasional 'cuddle' with Mrs Naked Trader, he describes the straightforward techniques that have enabled him to succeed in the markets, escape the rat race and make a lot of money. This book tells you all you need to know. If you're a complete beginner you can start here or if you're currently trading but want to learn some new ideas - get reading now! Robbie reveals his trading secrets gathered from ten years of money making. From how to find good shares in the first place, ensuring you don't buy a complete stinker, to using spread betting to enhance gains and how to make big returns quickly from smaller companies. There's also his simple 'traffic lights' system, which makes reading company reports a doddle, and real traders reveal their horror stories and winning tips! This time, Robbie reveals his top 10 secret winning strategies - 10 sure-fire ways to ensure only the best shares get bought. Plus, how to get the confidence to hold onto winning shares and get rid of losers, and how to buy and sell at the right time. Packed with practical and easy to follow advice, everything is explained simply with none of the incomprehensible jargon found in so many other books. Whether you just want to make a few quid on the side while you're at work or you want to go on to make money from the markets full-time and quit work like Robbie, this book is all you need to get started - so grab some tea, toast and relax, and just maybe a richer future awaits!
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$20.19 - Save $3.07 13% off - RRP $23.26
USD$13.75 - Save $6.41 31% off - RRP $20.16
USD$40.71 - Save $21.35 34% off - RRP $62.06
USD$13.02 - Save $2.48 16% off - RRP $15.50
USD$11.05 - Save $6.01 35% off - RRP $17.06
USD$19.37 - Save $3.89 16% off - RRP $23.26
Other books in this category
USD$7.19 - Save $5.21 42% off - RRP $12.40
USD$13.75 - Save $6.41 31% off - RRP $20.16
USD$7.03 - Save $5.37 43% off - RRP $12.40
USD$10.43 - Save $6.63 38% off - RRP $17.06
USD$14.82 - Save $0.68 (4%) - RRP $15.50
Robbie Burns has been a journalist and writer since he graduated from Harlow Journalism College in 1981. After starting life as a reporter and editor for various local newspapers, from 1988-1992 he was editor of ITV and Channel 4's teletext services. He also wrote ITV's daily teletext soap opera "Park Avenue" for 5 years. He then went on to freelance for various newspapers including The Independent and The Sun, and also helped set up a financial news service for CNN. In 1997, he became editor for BSkyB's teletext services and set up their shares and finance service. While there he also set up various entertainment phone lines in conjunction with BSkyB including a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" phone line which made him nearly GBP250,000. He left full-time work in 2001 to trade and run his own businesses which included a cafe in London which he sold, doubling his money on the initial purchase. While at BSkyB, Robbie broadcast a diary of his share trades which became hugely popular. He transferred the diary to his website, www.nakedtrader.co.uk, which became one of the most read financial websites in the UK. Between 2002 and 2005, he wrote a column for The Sunday Times, 'My DIY Pension', featuring share buys and sells made for his pension fund which he runs himself in a SIPP. He managed to double the money in his pension fund from "40,000 to "80,000 in under three years as chronicled in the Sunday Times. By mid 2007, he doubled it again, reaching GBP165,000. Robbie now writes a weekly column for the leading financial website, ADVFN.com. Robbie has made a tax free profit of well over "500,000 from trading shares since 1999, and has made a profit every year, even during the market downturn of 2000-2002. Public trades made for his website have made more than GBP400,000. He lives in a riverside apartment on the Thames with his wife, Elizabeth, toddler son Christopher and cat Diddle. His hobbies include chess, running, swimming, horse racing, and trading shares from his bedroom, erm...naked. After all, he wouldn't be seen dead in a thong...
By a Book Depository customer 10 Dec 2008
"I think this is a nice, easy-to-read book, with interesting tips on investing. However, I'm rating only 3* because there are some annoying things:
The author keeps saying he's no making any money from his continuous ADVFN ads, "special offers", "deals", etc. But it just looks the other way around.
He also criticizes people selling expensive courses, but he insists on his useful, not cheap seminars.
So... I liked the book, but this little things annoyed me a lot."
"A must read for all aspiring millionaires..."- David Schwartz, market analyst"Robbie is his own man and his book will show you that it is possible to build a susbstantial portfolio using common sense techniques."- George Hallmey, Click Events "The Naked Trader is a huge hit because it makes novice investors money." - Clem Chambers, ADVFN
Table of contents
1. Introduction Welcome To The Crazy World Of Shares Escaping The Rat Race A Day In The Life Of A Naked Trader 2. Getting Started Is Trading Right For You? Who are you? Types Of Traders/Investors What Do You Want From Your Trading? The Trader's Toolkit Introduction The toolkit Your trading environment Important Things To Know About Trading Or Investing Get to know your area of expertise 3. The Knowledge What You Need To Know To Start Trading Spreads Trading costs Normal market size Trading hours Why shares move up or down! Market makers and the crowd Dividends How do you buy and sell a share! How Do I Find Shares Worth Looking At? How To Select Shares Picking undervalued shares - my secret! WAGS & SHAGS Charts And How I Use Them Buybacks, AGMs and Perks Share buybacks Shareholders' meetings/AGMs/presentations Share perks The Perfect Portfolio 4. Trading Strategies Market Timing Volumes Setting Stop Losses And Profit Targets IPOs - How They Can Make You Money Buying into new issues Main market new issues AIM new issues Trading Tips - Times Of The Year Time For Tea And Toast 10 Winning Strategies Strategy 1: seek companies starting to change Strategy 2: find cheap shares! Strategy 3: buy a hot sector Strategy 4: recovery plays Strategy 5: play short-term trends Strategy 6: buy boring companies!! Strategy 7: buy shares "doing the splits" Strategy 8: companies doing well in specialist markets Strategy 9: finding bid targets Strategy 10: buy shares moving up to the main market from AIM Other strategies 5. More Knowledge SIPPs Bulletin Boards Bulletin board shorthand Level 2 and DMA Direct Market Access (DMA) Spread Betting Naked Trader's Ten Golden Rules For Spread Betting Directory Shorting - making money when shares fall Other Instruments CFDs Covered warrants Investment trusts 6. Trading in Real Life It Shouldn't Happen To A Share Trader! Avoiding the stinkers (don't eat prunes) Mistakes new investors make Top ten mistakes And now, my big mistakes! Dear Naked Trader! Traders' Tales The Market Can See You Coming 7. The End (Almost) The Naked Trader Rules Finally! Appendix Websites worth a look Books Quiz - What sort of investor are you? Naked Trader seminars Three Little Letters Addendum