- Publisher: Yearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Format: Paperback | 144 pages
- Dimensions: 130mm x 191mm x 13mm | 91g
- Publication date: 1 July 2004
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0440414717
- ISBN 13: 9780440414711
- Sales rank: 110,658
Gary Paulsen has owned dozens of unforgettable and amazing dogs. In each chapter he tells of one special dog, among them Cookie, the sled dog who saved his life; Snowball, the puppy he owned as a boy in the Philippines; Ike, his mysterious hunting companion; Dirk, the grim protector; and his true friend Josh, a brilliant border collie.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
USD$8.92 - Save $1.98 18% off - RRP $10.90
USD$9.03 - Save $1.87 17% off - RRP $10.90
USD$9.14 - Save $1.76 16% off - RRP $10.90
USD$7.98 - Save $0.68 (7%) - RRP $8.66
GARY PAULSEN is the distinguished author of many critically acclaimed books for young people, His most recent books are "Lawn Boy Returns, Woods Runner, Notes from the Dog, Mudshark, Lawn Boy, Molly McGinty Has a Really Good Day, The Time Hackers, "and" The Amazing Life of Birds (The Twenty Day Puberty Journal of Duane Homer Leech)."
By Tarissa 17 Jan 2013
This was a very unique book. I enjoyed every chapter, as I learned about each new dog that passed through Gary Paulsen's life. All of them true stories, of course. I do like the author's writing style very much, and it's amazing how descriptive the book is.
I'd pick it up and read it again!
I loved each & every one of these dog's stories.
* "Guaranteed to charm animal lovers and Paulsen's fans. . . . Something to please at every turn of the page. . . . This honest, unpretentious celebration of dogs further entrenches his reputation as an author who is as successful at writing nonfiction as he is at writing novels."--"Booklist, " starred review "Paulsen is a master storyteller with a dry wit. . . . Gives readers a real sense of how the man looks at these animals."--"School Library Journal" * "Here's a treat to make Paulsen fans sit up and beg for more.... His writing percolates with energetic love."--"Publishers Weekly, " starred review
Gary Paulsen has owned dozens of unforgettable and amazing dogs. In each chapter he tells the story of one special dog, among them Snowball, the puppy he owned as a boy in the Philippines; Ike, his mysterious hunting companion; Dirk, the grim protector; and Josh, one of the remarkable border collies working on Paulsen's ranch today. Pen-and-ink illustrations by Ruth Wright Paulsen.