MortHardback Discworld Novels (Paperback)
We can notify you when this item is back in stock
Additional formats available
- Paperback $9.84
- Publisher: Turtleback Books
- Format: Hardback | 295 pages
- Dimensions: 102mm x 186mm x 24mm | 220g
- Publication date: 29 January 2013
- ISBN 10: 0606318410
- ISBN 13: 9780606318419
- Edition: Prebound edition
- Edition statement: Turtleback School & Library ed.
Death comes to everyone eventually on Discworld. And now he's come to Mort with an offer the young man can't refuse. (No, literally, can't refuse since being dead isn't exactly compulsory.) Actually, it's a pretty good deal. As Death's apprentice, Mort will have free board and lodging. He'll get use of the company horse. And he won't have to take any time off for family funerals. But despite the obvious perks, young Mort is about to discover that there is a serious downside to working for the Reaper Man . . . because this perfect job can be a killer on one's love life.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$10.17 - Save $2.38 18% off - RRP $12.55
$15.51 - Save $0.19 (1%) - RRP $15.70
$15.29 - Save $5.12 25% off - RRP $20.41
$10.42 - Save $2.13 16% off - RRP $12.55
$9.44 - Save $3.11 24% off - RRP $12.55
$13.10 - Save $2.60 16% off - RRP $15.70
Other books in this category
$11.58 - Save $2.55 18% off - RRP $14.13
$40.87 - Save $6.27 13% off - RRP $47.14
$9.27 - Save $0.72 (7%) - RRP $9.99
$13.70 - Save $6.05 30% off - RRP $19.75
$11.91 - Save $7.84 39% off - RRP $19.75
TERRY PRATCHETT is the acclaimed creator of the global bestselling Discworld series, the first of which, The Colour of Magic, was published in 1983. In all, he is the author of fifty bestselling books. His novels have been widely adapted for stage and screen and he is the winner of multiple prizes, including the Carnegie Medal, as well as being awarded a knighthood for services to literature. Worldwide sales of his books now stand at 70 million, and they have been translated into thirty-seven languages.
- The first seven Discworld titles are being reissued with stunning new covers, publication coincides with 21 years of Discworld anniversary and the hardback publication of "The Celebrated Discworld Almanak" and "Going Postal". - "Like Jonathan Swift, Pratchett uses his other world to hold up a distorting mirror to our own, and like Swift he is a satirist of enormous talent... incredibly funny... compulsively readable." --"The Times" - "His spectacular inventiveness makes the Discworld series one of the perennial joys of modern fiction." --"Mail on Sunday" - "The great Terry Pratchett, whose wit is metaphysical, who creates an energetic and lively secondary world, who has a multifarious genius for strong parody... who deals with death with startling originality. Who writes amazing sentences." --A.S. Byatt, "New York Times"