Money Laundering Law and Regulation: A Practical GuidePaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 512 pages
- Dimensions: 172mm x 246mm x 34mm | 940g
- Publication date: 30 June 2011
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 0199543038
- ISBN 13: 9780199543038
- Illustrations note: black & white tables
- Sales rank: 715,010
Money Laundering Law and Regulation offers a practical and comprehensive guide to domestic anti-money laundering law and regulation, increasingly seen as key weapons in the fight against serious and organized crime. This new book explains the genesis of the current regime, placing it in its international, European, and domestic context. It sets out fully the current law on money laundering and terrorist financing with an explanation of the key concepts of money laundering law introduced by the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. The book contains a detailed analysis of the suspicious activity reporting regime, both in relation to money laundering and to terrorist property and financing. The customer due diligence and other requirements placed on those in the regulated sector by the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 are given detailed coverage, as are the provisions for registration, supervision, and enforcement contained in the Regulations. The law relating to cash seizure, detention, and forfeiture is set out and explained in a chapter that also covers the requirements for cash declaration. The final chapter provides specific guidance to practitioners through a detailed scenario involving parallel civil and criminal proceedings and commentary on how the relevant law is put into practice.
Other books in this category
$49.50 - Save $11.42 18% off - RRP $60.92
$19.32 - Save $0.97 (4%) - RRP $20.29
$115.55 - Save $1.61 (1%) - RRP $117.16
$24.37 - Save $3.67 13% off - RRP $28.04
$114.58 - Save $2.50 (2%) - RRP $117.08
Nicholas Yeo is a criminal barrister at 3 Raymond Buildings. He specializes in fraud and the proceeds of crime.
Until you get to chapter 12 this is a good book. Chapter 12 however makes it a fantastic book; it is titled "The Law in Practice", and gives the busy pratitioner clear answers and ideas to work with. CrimeLine [A] comprehensive and logically laid out work of reference written by experts. Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor, Richmond Green Chambers Overall this is an excellent guide for practitioners, which is both practical and comprehensive. All of those involved in the fight against money laundering, in whatever capacity, should obtain a copy. Professor Andrew Campbell, Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation
Table of contents
1. The Background to Anti-money Laundering Law and Regulation ; Introduction ; Money laundering defined ; The process of money laundering ; The rise of global anti-money laundering measures ; The role of the Financial Action Task Force ; The origins of the money laundering offences in international law ; Terrorist financing ; Anti-money laundering law and regulation in the UK ; Offences of money laundering: the mental element ; Implementation of the new money laundering law and regulation ; Conclusion ; 2. The Key Concepts in Money Laundering Law ; Introduction ; Criminal Property ; Criminal Conduct ; The Mental Element: Knowledge, Belief and Suspicion ; 3. The Money Laundering Offences under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 ; Introduction ; Overview of Offences ; The Concealing etc. Offence (section 327) ; The Arrangements Offence (section 328) ; Acquisition, Use and Possession Offence (section 329) ; Conspiracy to Money Launder ; Sentencing ; 4. The Money Laundering Offences under the Terrorism Act 2000 ; Introduction ; International Legal Provisions ; UK Terrorist Money Laundering Provisions under Part III of the Terrorism Act 2000 ; Key concepts under the Terrorism Act 2000 ; Definition of