List price $34.18
You save $8.83 25% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: New Riders Publishing
- Format: Paperback | 216 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 229mm x 13mm | 340g
- Publication date: 1 November 2012
- ISBN 10: 0321884485
- ISBN 13: 9780321884480
- Sales rank: 108,928
How do we create a satisfactory user experience when limited to a small device? This new guide focuses on usability for mobile devices, primarily smartphones and touchphones, and covers such topics as developing a mobile strategy, designing for small screens, writing for mobile, usability comparisons, and looking toward the future. The book includes 228-full color illustrations to demonstrate the points. Based on expert reviews and international studies with participants ranging from students to early technology adopters and business people using websites on a variety of mobile devices, this guide offers a complete look at the landscape for a mobile world. Author Jakob Nielsen is considered one of the world's leading experts on Web usability. He is the author of numerous best-selling books, including Prioritizing Web Usability and the groundbreaking Designing Web Usability, which has sold more than 250,000 copies and has been translated in 22 languages.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$25.47 - Save $5.60 18% off - RRP $31.07
USD$14.10 - Save $2.98 17% off - RRP $17.08
USD$28.51 - Save $13.44 32% off - RRP $41.95
USD$12.93 - Save $10.37 44% off - RRP $23.30
USD$40.40 - Save $17.09 29% off - RRP $57.49
Other books in this category
USD$33.06 - Save $10.44 23% off - RRP $43.50
USD$26.47 - Save $13.93 34% off - RRP $40.40
USD$24.50 - Save $17.45 41% off - RRP $41.95
USD$25.35 - Save $11.18 30% off - RRP $36.53
USD$26.25 - Save $10.28 28% off - RRP $36.53
USD$26.47 - Save $7.71 22% off - RRP $34.18
Jakob Nielsen, Ph.D., is a principal of Nielsen Norman Group and founder of the "discount usability engineering" movement, emphasizing fast and efficient methods for improving the quality of user interfaces. Dr. Nielsen has been called, "the world's leading expert on Web usability" by U.S. News and World Report and "the next best thing to a true time machine" by USA Today. He is the author of numerous best-selling books, including Prioritizing Web Usability, Eyetracking Usability, and the groundbreaking Designing Web Usability, which has sold more than 250,000 copies and has been translated in 22 languages. Raluca Budiu, Ph.D. is a user experience specialist with Nielsen Norman Group (NN/g). She consults for clients from a variety of industries and presents tutorials on mobile usability, usability of touch devices, cognitive psychology for designers, and principles of human computer interaction. She has authored several NN/g reports and published numerous articles on HCI topics.
Table of contents
0. Preface 1. Our Research How we ran the studies 2. Mobile Strategy Mobile Web 2009 = Desktop Web 1998 Sidebar: Mouse vs. Fingers as Input Device Mobile UX Sharpens Usability Guidelines iPhone Apps Need Low Starting Hurdles Mobile Sites vs. Apps: The Coming Strategy Shift Sidebar: Mobile Intranets Mobile Site vs. Full Site 3. Designing for the small screen Mobile Usability Findings Utilize Available Screen Space Browser and GUI Chrome Optimizing a Screen for Mobile Use Why WSJ Mobile App Gets ** Customer Reviews Overloaded vs. Generic Commands 4. Writing for Mobile Mobile Content: If in Doubt, Leave It Out Defer Secondary Content When Writing for Mobile Users Mobile Content Is Twice as Difficult Mini-IA: Structuring the Information About a Concept Bylines for Web Articles? 5. Tablets and e-readers iPad Usability: Findings From User Testing Kindle Usability Review Kindle Fire Usability Findings iPad and Kindle Reading Speeds Kindle Content Design 6. Looking toward the future In the Future, We'll All Be Harry Potter Transmedia Design for the 3 Screens (Make That 5) Stationary Mobility 7. Appendix: A bit of history WAP Field Study Findings Mobile Phones: Europe's Next Minitel?