Medical Law in IrelandPaperback
List price $81.05
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Kluwer Law International
- Format: Paperback | 192 pages
- Dimensions: 155mm x 239mm x 10mm | 227g
- Publication date: 7 January 2011
- Publication City/Country: Zuidpoolsingel
- ISBN 10: 9041134328
- ISBN 13: 9789041134325
- Edition: 1
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, ports.
- Sales rank: 1,505,139
After a general introduction, the book systematically describes law related to the medical profession, proceeding from training, licensing, and other aspects of access to the profession, through disciplinary and professional liability and medical ethics considerations and quality assurance, to such aspects of the physician-patient relationship as rights and duties of physicians and patients, consent, privacy, and access to medical records. Also covered are specific issues such as organ transplants, human medical research, abortion, and euthanasia, as well as matters dealing with the physician in relation to other health care providers, health care insurance, and the health care system.