Maxwell's Handbook for RDA: Explaining and Illustrating RDA: Resource Description and Access Using MARC21Paperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Facet Publishing
- Format: Paperback | 608 pages
- Dimensions: 178mm x 254mm x 47mm | 1,602g
- Publication date: 15 January 2014
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1856048322
- ISBN 13: 9781856048323
- Sales rank: 370,623
In this clear and comprehensive resource, cataloguing expert Robert Maxwell brings his trademark practical commentary to bear on the new, unified cataloguing standard. Designed to interpret and explain RDA: Resource Description and Access, this handbook illustrates and applies the new cataloguing rules in the MARC21 environment for every type of information format. From books to electronic materials to music and beyond, Maxwell: explains the conceptual grounding of RDA, including FRBR and FRAD; addresses the nuances of how cataloguing will, and won't, change in the MARC21 environment; shows cataloguers how to create and work with authority records of persons, families, corporate bodies, geographic entities, works, and expressions; explores recording relationships, working with records of manifestations and items, and more; and provides numerous sample records to illustrate RDA principles. Comprehensive in its coverage, the book will aid readers in understanding and becoming comfortable with the potentially forbidding new structure of RDA and contains appendices that discuss the treatment of specialised materials. A guided tour of the new standard from a respected authority, this essential handbook will help cataloguers, LIS students, and cataloguing instructors navigate RDA smoothly and find the information they need efficiently.
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
USD$70.17 - Save $4.80 (6%) - RRP $74.97
USD$422.28 - Save $76.47 15% off - RRP $498.75
USD$21.84 - Save $8.10 27% off - RRP $29.94
USD$100.88 - Save $13.95 12% off - RRP $114.83
USD$32.86 - Save $18.92 36% off - RRP $51.78
Robert L. Maxwell is senior librarian and chair of the Special Collections and Formats Catalog Department at the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. His most recent book, FRBR: A Guide for the Perplexed, was published in 2008. He has chaired the RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee of ACRL and has served on the Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access (CC:DA) of ALCTS. He is the author of the Highsmith Award-winning Maxwell's Guide to Authority Work as well as Maxwell's Guide to AACR2.
Table of contents
1. Introduction 2. Describing Manifestations and Items 3. Describing Persons 4. Describing Families 5. Describing Corporate Bodies 6. Describing Geographic Entities 7. Describing Works 8. Describing Expressions 9. Recording Relationships Appendix A. Printed Books and Sheets Appendix B. Cartographic Resources Appendix C. Unpublished Manuscripts and Manuscript Collections Appendix D. Notated Music Appendix E. Audio Recordings Appendix F. Moving Image Resources Appendix G. Two-dimensional Graphic Resources Appendix H. Three-dimensional Resources and Objects Appendix I. Digital Resources Appendix J. Microform Resources Appendix K. Serials and Integrating Resources Appendix L. Analytical Description.