- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Format: Online resource | 456 pages
- Dimensions: 189mm x 234mm x 25mm | 667g
- Publication date: 22 April 2003
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0471431044
- ISBN 13: 9780471431046
* Gives experienced Java developers the tools to exploit aspect-oriented programming techniques using AspectJ, an open source Java extension* Delivers a code-intensive, real-world tutorial on building applications with AspectJ* Covers the AspectJ compiler and browser as well as the IDE plug-ins and other tools that can be used with AspectJ* Masterfully ties together all material in the book so that readers will be able to build a complete, working application* Companion Web site includes all sample code, the complete application, and links to other relevant sites
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$33.88 - Save $15.43 31% off - RRP $49.31
USD$52.61 - Save $10.57 16% off - RRP $63.18
USD$89.99 - Save $2.48 (2%) - RRP $92.47
USD$308.99 - Save $9.31 (2%) - RRP $318.30
USD$149.35 - Save $86.48 36% off - RRP $235.83
JOSEPH D. GRADECKI is a senior software engineer working on enterprise-level securities processing systems. He has been using AspectJ since the beginning and has built numerous dynamic, enterprise applications using Java, MySQL, servlets, JSPs, Resin, XML, and more. NICHOLAS LESIECKI serves as principal software engineer for eBlox, Inc., where he leads the development of their enterprise e-commerce platform. He has written numerous articles on AspectJ for IBM's developerWorks and is the coauthor of Java Tools for Extreme Programming.
Back cover copy
Write cleaner, easier-to-maintain applications with this code-intensive approach to using AspectJ Aspect-oriented programming (AOP) promises to increase the power of OO applications by modularizing functionality that cuts across classes (such as logging, transaction management, design patterns, and security). If your application has this type of functionality, you can benefit from using AspectJ, an AOP language that is a seamless extension to Java. In this code-intensive book, the authors present a detailed overview of the concepts of AOP and AspectJ, and take you step-by-step through the process of building an application. Along the way, you'll learn how to adopt AspectJ and use it with your current software development tools and processes. You'll also learn best practices for application design and documentation using UML. The perfect tool for Java and J2EE developers, this book also includes: Comprehensive description of the AspectJ language Best practices for refactoring your existing applications How to implement classic OO design patterns more cleanly with AspectJ Tips for debugging with AspectJ The companion Web site contains all sample code, the fully functional application created by the author, and links to relevant sites.
Table of contents
Introduction. PART I. INTRODUCTION TO ASPECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING. Chapter 1.. Introduction to AOP. Chapter 2. Implementing of AOP. PART II. INTRODUCTION TO ASPECTJ. Chapter 3. Obtaining and Installing AspectJ. Chapter 4. AspectJ Hello Wolrd. Chapter 5. AspectJ Joinpoints. Chapter 6. AspectJ Pointcuts. Chapter 7. AspectJ Advice. Chapter 8. Static Crosscutting and Introduction. Chapter 9. AspectJ Aspects. PART III. USING ASPECTJ. Chapter 10. Development Uses of AspectJ. Chapter 11. AspectJ Examples. Chapter 12. Using Aspect J Tools. Chapter 13. Error Handling. Chapter 14. Common Problems. Chapter 15. Limitations. Chapter 16. Putting It All Together: A Complete AspectJ Application. PART IV. APPENDIXES. Appendix A. AspectJ API. Appendix B. Useful Sites.