London Then and Now: A Photographic GuidePaperback
List price $10.95
You save $0.47 (4%)
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Batsford Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 144 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 195mm x 19mm | 360g
- Publication date: 19 July 2010
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1906388849
- ISBN 13: 9781906388843
- Edition statement: Compact ed.
- Illustrations note: 140
- Sales rank: 210,699
* Britain's capital city 'then' - with archive photography - and 'now' * In new 'compact' edition * Fascinating details of what remains and what has disappeared * A wonderful visual guide to London from the 19th century to the present day. London, the capital and heart of Britain, is an exciting and constantly developing city. London Then and Now compact edition explores London's landscape, past and present, through the eye of the camera. Some 70 historic photographs of London's past are paired with specially commissioned contemporary views taken from the same vantage point. The book features the fascinating vistas of London that have changed little and some that have changed radically, from the regeneration of the south bank, the docklands in the east to the transformation of a power station into Tate Modern. Part of the bestselling 'Then and Now' series, which is now available in compact format, this charming contrast of old and new photographs highlights the stunning changes - and the equally amazing similarities - of one of the most loved cities in Britain, its well-known places but also some of the hidden gems.
Other books in this category
$24.02 - Save $10.43 30% off - RRP $34.45
$14.87 - Save $5.07 25% off - RRP $19.94
$22.87 - Save $13.15 36% off - RRP $36.02
$29.00 - Save $2.33 (7%) - RRP $31.33
$5.83 - Save $8.25 58% off - RRP $14.08
$10.51 - Save $2.13 16% off - RRP $12.64
Diane Burstein is a qualified London Blue Badge and City of London guide. She enjoys helping visitors and Londoners explore the capital's hidden courtyards, alleyways, and attractive garden squares away from the tourist trail. Burstein also teaches 'Discovering London' courses for adult education colleges. Her broadcasts on the subject of 'Secret London' have been a regular feature on LBC radio.