The Lion & the MouseHardback
List price $26.51
You save $10.21 38% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
- Format: Hardback | 40 pages
- Dimensions: 244mm x 284mm x 13mm | 703g
- Publication date: 1 September 2009
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0316013560
- ISBN 13: 9780316013567
- Illustrations note: , colour illustrations
- Sales rank: 27,110
In award-winning artist Jerry Pinkney's wordless adaptation of one of Aesop's most beloved fables, an unlikely pair learn that no act of kindness is ever wasted. After a ferocious lion spares a cowering mouse that he'd planned to eat, the mouse later comes to his rescue, freeing him from a poacher's trap. With vivid depictions of the landscape of the African Serengeti and expressively-drawn characters, Pinkney makes this a truly special retelling, and his stunning pictures speak volumes.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$17.02 - Save $0.97 (5%) - RRP $17.99
USD$14.46 - Save $7.30 33% off - RRP $21.76
USD$14.81 - Save $3.90 20% off - RRP $18.71
USD$7.99 - Save $1.36 14% off - RRP $9.35
USD$10.62 - Save $4.97 31% off - RRP $15.59
USD$7.60 - Save $0.39 (4%) - RRP $7.99
Other books in this category
USD$4.98 - Save $0.01 - RRP $4.99
USD$31.97 - Save $3.03 (8%) - RRP $35.00
USD$6.13 - Save $0.10 (1%) - RRP $6.23
USD$14.06 - Save $3.93 21% off - RRP $17.99
Jerry Pinkney is one of the most heralded children's book illustrators of all time. He has the rare distinction of being the recipient of five Caldecott Honors and the winner of the 2010 Caldecott medal for The Lion and the Mouse, and has since created two companion picture books: "The Tortoise & the Hare "and "The Grasshopper & the Ants." He has won the Coretta Scott King Award five times, the Coretta Scott King Honor four times, and has been nominated for the prestigious Hans Christian Anderson Award. He was also the first children's book illustrator elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He lives with his wife, author Gloria Jean Pinkney, in Croton-on-Hudson, New York. The artist invites you to visit his website at jerrypinkneystudio.com.
* "By retelling Aesop's fable entirely in his signature pencil and watercolor art, Pinkney encourages closer exploration of the pleasing detail with which he amplifies it... It will be a challenge for libraries to make every gorgeous surface available, but it's a challenge worth taking on." "The Horn Book, starred review""