The Leatherworking Handbook: A Practical Illustrated Sourcebook of Techniques and ProjectsPaperback
List price $23.42
You save $7.56 32% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Cassell Illustrated
- Format: Paperback | 128 pages
- Dimensions: 210mm x 258mm x 10mm | 540g
- Publication date: 28 March 2006
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1844034747
- ISBN 13: 9781844034741
- Sales rank: 12,213
At last! A leather working book for amateurs by a top professional. Valerie Michael guides the leatherworker through techniques and projects, showcasing the very best of her knowledge and experience. After a thorough presentation of each of the key techniques - such as finishing edges, paring and hand stitching, making pockets, attaching studs and straps and decorating surfaces - there are ten projects, suitable for developing levels of skill, from belts and wallets to quilted work and three different types of leather bag. Not only is this book an ideal introduction to a centuries-old craft, but its comprehensive treatment of materials, tools and techniques makes it an invaluable work of reference.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$10.17 - Save $3.11 23% off - RRP $13.28
USD$19.13 - Save $7.42 27% off - RRP $26.55
USD$12.80 - Save $4.37 25% off - RRP $17.17
USD$6.38 - Save $4.54 41% off - RRP $10.92
USD$14.56 - Save $5.43 27% off - RRP $19.99
Other books in this category
USD$14.14 - Save $1.41 (9%) - RRP $15.55
USD$9.45 - Save $3.04 24% off - RRP $12.49
USD$13.02 - Save $2.59 16% off - RRP $15.61
USD$4.99 - Save $1.25 20% off - RRP $6.24
USD$12.99 - Save $2.62 16% off - RRP $15.61
USD$15.69 - Save $4.61 22% off - RRP $20.30
Valerie Michael is a founding member of the Association of Designer Leatherworkers and has been a full-time leatherworker for over twenty years.
Table of contents
* What is Leather?; * The Workshop; * Materials; * Metal Fittings; * Designing and pattern making; * Dyeing and Finishing; * Edge Finishing; * Parking and Skiving, Splitting and Channelling; * Gluing; * Hand Stitching; * Gussets; * Pockets; * Attaching Locks, Buckles and Studs; * Straps and Handles; * Moulding and Surface Decoration; * Beginners Projects; * Intermediate Projects; * Advanced Projects.