Irby, Wirral: Excavations on a Late Prehistoric, Romano-British and Medieval Site, 1987-96Paperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 10 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: National Museums Liverpool
- Format: Paperback | 270 pages
- Dimensions: 210mm x 298mm x 15mm | 1,121g
- Publication date: 15 June 2012
- Publication City/Country: Liverpool
- ISBN 10: 1902700414
- ISBN 13: 9781902700410
- Illustrations note: 23 colour illustrations, 1 black & white illustrations, 104 black & white line drawings
A chance find of Roman pottery in a garden at Irby, Wirral in the 1940s led in 1987 to the discovery of an important and long-lived settlement site by archaeologists from National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (now National Museums Liverpool). Excavating from 1987 to 1996 in a series of suburban gardens, they found evidence for a long sequence of occupation from the Bronze Age, Iron Age, Romano-British, early medieval and later medieval periods.
Other books in this category
USD$29.06 - Save $1.42 (4%) - RRP $30.48
USD$12.43 - Save $4.33 25% off - RRP $16.76
USD$16.45 - Save $6.35 27% off - RRP $22.80
USD$22.83 - Save $7.67 25% off - RRP $30.50
USD$22.93 - Save $10.60 31% off - RRP $33.53
USD$24.12 - Save $1.88 (7%) - RRP $26.00
Robert Philpott is head of archaeology at National Museums Liverpool. Mark H. Adams is a senior project officer in the Field Archaeology Unit at National Museums Liverpool.