Irby, Wirral: Excavations on a Late Prehistoric, Romano-British and Medieval Site, 1987-96Paperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 11 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: National Museums Liverpool
- Format: Paperback | 270 pages
- Dimensions: 210mm x 298mm x 15mm | 1,121g
- Publication date: 15 June 2012
- Publication City/Country: Liverpool
- ISBN 10: 1902700414
- ISBN 13: 9781902700410
- Illustrations note: 23 colour illustrations, 1 black & white illustrations, 104 black & white line drawings
A chance find of Roman pottery in a garden at Irby, Wirral in the 1940s led in 1987 to the discovery of an important and long-lived settlement site by archaeologists from National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (now National Museums Liverpool). Excavating from 1987 to 1996 in a series of suburban gardens, they found evidence for a long sequence of occupation from the Bronze Age, Iron Age, Romano-British, early medieval and later medieval periods.
Other books in this category
USD$29.62 - Save $1.45 (4%) - RRP $31.07
USD$12.67 - Save $4.41 25% off - RRP $17.08
USD$23.27 - Save $7.82 25% off - RRP $31.09
USD$17.11 - Save $6.13 26% off - RRP $23.24
USD$15.23 - Save $1.85 10% off - RRP $17.08
Robert Philpott is head of archaeology at National Museums Liverpool. Mark H. Adams is a senior project officer in the Field Archaeology Unit at National Museums Liverpool.