International Environmental Law Reports: Human Rights and Environment v. 3Hardback International Environmental Law Reports
List price $524.80
You save $150.60 28% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Hardback | 1020 pages
- Dimensions: 156mm x 234mm x 66mm | 1,701g
- Publication date: 3 December 2001
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521650364
- ISBN 13: 9780521650366
- Edition: 3
- Illustrations note: maps
Volume 3 of the IELR focuses on human rights and environment. Against a background of emerging rights to environment in national and international instruments, traditional human rights are being used to achieve environmental objectives. Globally, rights such as the right to private life, the right to life, the rights of minorities, the right to peaceful enjoyment of possessions and the right to a fair hearing are increasingly being invoked and interpreted in an environmental context. This volume brings together relevant decisions of the UN Human Rights Committee, the European Court, and former Commission, of Human Rights and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights. It provides a summary or note of each case, the full legal text in the most important cases, and includes an invaluable digest of cases arranged by the human right relied upon. This is an essential reference work for those interested in human rights and environment.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$58.06 - Save $12.44 17% off - RRP $70.50
Other books in this category
$52.70 - Save $0.56 (1%) - RRP $53.26
'... the collection will be a very useful additional source of reference, providing ready access to a developing jurisprudence on the use of human rights-based arguments to secure environmental protection.' Maurice Sunkin, Law Quarterly Review
Table of contents
1. United Nations Human Rights Committee; 2. European Court of Human Rights; 3. Selected extracts from judgments of the European Court of Human Rights; 4. Selected decisions and reports of the European Commission of Human Rights; 5. Inter-American commission on human rights.