How to Make Your Own Will: A Self-help Guide That Really Does Enable You to Make a Will YourselfPaperback
List price $20.00
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: How to Books Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 152mm x 230mm x 18mm | 358g
- Publication date: 15 May 2008
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1845282183
- ISBN 13: 9781845282189
- Edition: 3, Revised
- Edition statement: 3rd Revised edition
This thoroughly update third edition now includes: the Mental Capacity Act 2005 which gives statutory backing to the concept of Living Wills and made major changes to the law relating to Powers of Attorney; the Civil Partnership Act 2004 and the resulting changes in the law of Inheritance; and a new separate chapter on Inheritance Tax and Tax saving your Will.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$13.98 - Save $2.96 17% off - RRP $16.94
USD$13.98 - Save $1.42 (9%) - RRP $15.40
USD$15.44 - Save $5.37 25% off - RRP $20.81
USD$59.31 - Save $2.27 (3%) - RRP $61.58
USD$20.61 - Save $2.39 10% off - RRP $23.00
Other books in this category
USD$40.80 - Save $8.51 17% off - RRP $49.31
USD$50.30 - Save $2.03 (3%) - RRP $52.33
USD$23.54 - Save $14.98 38% off - RRP $38.52
USD$32.28 - Save $15.22 32% off - RRP $47.50
Gordon Bowley has practised as a family solicitor for over thirty years. This is his second book aimed at helping lay-people reduce or avoid entirely the exorbitant cost of consulting a solicitor.
"'If you want to save a lot of money on solicitor's bills, buy this book.' The Observer Reader's reviews 'I bought this book recently and have found it extremely helpful...deserves a place on every family's bookshelf.' 'Covers the things a solicitor would tell you if you could afford to pay for the time it would take.'"
Table of contents
1. Why should you make a will?; 2. Can you make a will and how to do it; 3. What can be left in your will?; 4. Matters to be considered when contemplating making your will; 5. Inheritance tax and saving tax in your will. 6. Clauses recommended to be included and clauses to be excluded; 7. Points on which you should take special care when drafting your will; 8. The international element of wills;9. Revoking your will; 10. General advice concerning wills and associated matters; Appendices; Checklist; Glossary; Index