How to Make Your Own Will: A Self-help Guide That Really Does Enable You to Make a Will YourselfPaperback
List price $20.00
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: How to Books Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 152mm x 230mm x 18mm | 358g
- Publication date: 15 May 2008
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1845282183
- ISBN 13: 9781845282189
- Edition: 3, Revised
- Edition statement: 3rd Revised edition
This thoroughly update third edition now includes: the Mental Capacity Act 2005 which gives statutory backing to the concept of Living Wills and made major changes to the law relating to Powers of Attorney; the Civil Partnership Act 2004 and the resulting changes in the law of Inheritance; and a new separate chapter on Inheritance Tax and Tax saving your Will.
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$31.49 - Save $3.51 10% off - RRP $35.00
USD$50.82 - Save $2.06 (3%) - RRP $52.88
USD$18.32 - Save $1.91 (9%) - RRP $20.23
USD$22.97 - Save $15.95 40% off - RRP $38.92
Gordon Bowley has practised as a family solicitor for over thirty years. This is his second book aimed at helping lay-people reduce or avoid entirely the exorbitant cost of consulting a solicitor.
"'If you want to save a lot of money on solicitor's bills, buy this book.' The Observer Reader's reviews 'I bought this book recently and have found it extremely helpful...deserves a place on every family's bookshelf.' 'Covers the things a solicitor would tell you if you could afford to pay for the time it would take.'"
Table of contents
1. Why should you make a will?; 2. Can you make a will and how to do it; 3. What can be left in your will?; 4. Matters to be considered when contemplating making your will; 5. Inheritance tax and saving tax in your will. 6. Clauses recommended to be included and clauses to be excluded; 7. Points on which you should take special care when drafting your will; 8. The international element of wills;9. Revoking your will; 10. General advice concerning wills and associated matters; Appendices; Checklist; Glossary; Index