- Publisher: University of California Press
- Format: Paperback | 580 pages
- Language: English / German
- Dimensions: 156mm x 232mm x 34mm | 898g
- Publication date: 1 March 1990
- Publication City/Country: Berkerley
- ISBN 10: 0520069838
- ISBN 13: 9780520069831
- Edition: 2
- Edition statement: 2nd ed.
- Illustrations note: Ill.
- Sales rank: 861,158
Incorporating exciting new material that has come to light since the last German edition of 1980, Herwig Wolfram places Gothic history within its proper context of late Roman society and institutions. He demonstrates that the barbarian world of the Goths was both a creation of and an essential element of the late Roman Empire.
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$20.92 - Save $5.27 20% off - RRP $26.19
USD$9.91 - Save $2.41 19% off - RRP $12.32
USD$13.35 - Save $3.59 21% off - RRP $16.94
USD$9.26 - Save $4.60 33% off - RRP $13.86
USD$11.18 - Save $4.22 27% off - RRP $15.40
USD$10.03 - Save $2.29 18% off - RRP $12.32
Herwig Wolfram is Professor of History at the University of Vienna and Director of the Austrian Institute for Historical Research.
"Wolfram's study is indispensable."--B. S. Bachrach, "Choice