- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Hardback | 918 pages
- Dimensions: 196mm x 248mm x 44mm | 1,860g
- Publication date: 31 May 2013
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521873029
- ISBN 13: 9780521873024
- Edition statement: New.
- Illustrations note: 740 b/w illus. 100 exercises
- Sales rank: 861,531
A transistor-level, design-intensive overview of high speed and high frequency monolithic integrated circuits for wireless and broadband systems from 2 GHz to 200 GHz, this comprehensive text covers high-speed, RF, mm-wave and optical fiber circuits using nanoscale CMOS, SiGe BiCMOS and III-V technologies. Step-by-step design methodologies, end-of-chapter problems and practical simulation and design projects are provided, making this an ideal resource for senior undergraduate and graduate courses in circuit design. With an emphasis on device-circuit topology interaction and optimization, it gives circuit designers and students alike an in-depth understanding of device structures and process limitations affecting circuit performance.
Other books in this category
USD$26.02 - Save $4.73 15% off - RRP $30.75
USD$136.14 - Save $44.20 24% off - RRP $180.34
USD$69.89 - Save $27.20 28% off - RRP $97.09
USD$18.67 - Save $1.28 (6%) - RRP $19.95
USD$129.92 - Save $50.42 27% off - RRP $180.34
USD$100.22 - Save $19.99 16% off - RRP $120.21
Sorin Voinigescu is a Professor at the University of Toronto, where his research and teaching interests focus on nano-scale semiconductor devices and their application in integrated circuits at frequencies beyond 300 GHz. The co-founder of Quake Technologies, Inc., he was a recipient of the Best Paper Award at the 2001 IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, 2005 IEEE Compound Semiconductor IC Symposium (CSICS) and of the Beatrice Winner Award at the 2008 IEEE International Solid State Circuits Conference (ISSCC). His students have won Student Paper Awards at the 2004 VLSI Circuits Symposium, the 2006 RFIC Symposium and at the 2008 International Microwave Symposium.
'... the ideal companion for circuit designers wishing to grasp the challenges of circuit design above RF ... takes the reader from system specification down to the transistor and presents the circuit analysis that underlies every RF circuit designer's intuition.' James Buckwalter, University of California, San Diego 'Both experienced designers and newcomers in the field will appreciate this book ... many detailed design recipes and tricks - often with a link to the underlying IC technologies - that are seldom found in related textbooks.' Piet Wambacq, University of Brussels and IMEC '... a unique encyclopaedic 'dictionary' for an in-depth understanding of high-speed and high-frequency microelectronic design. Original, dense of details, clear and focused on the modern design challenges ... the first book of a new class with a profound look at the road ahead.' Domenico Zito, University College Cork 'Destined to become a classic reference in high frequency RFICs ... comprehensive coverage of a vast array of integrated circuits and systems ... exceptional tutorial value ... presents the state-of-the-art in microwave and millimeter-wave systems-on-chip.' Gabriel M. Rebeiz, University of California, San Diego '... [an] easy-to-read book on the subject of high-frequency circuits ... Highly recommended. Graduate students, researchers/faculty, and practicing engineers working with high-frequency applications.' L. McLauchlan, Choice 'If I was a professor looking for a text to use in teaching a microwave integrated circuits course, I would pick this book. When I get asked where to go to learn about all this microwave stuff, Voinigescu's book will be on my shortlist ...' IEEE Microwave Magazine
Table of contents
1. Introduction; 2. High-frequency and high-data-rate communication systems; 3. High-frequency linear noisy network analysis; 4. High-frequency devices; 5. Circuit analysis techniques for high-frequency integrated circuits; 6. Tuned power amplifier design; 7. Low-noise tuned amplifier design; 8. Broadband low-noise and transimpedance amplifiers; 9. Mixers, switches, modulators, and other control circuits; 10. Design of voltage-controlled oscillators; 11. High-speed digital logic; 12. High-speed digital output drivers with waveshape control; 13. SoC examples; Appendix 1. Trigonometric identities; Appendix 2. Baseband binary data formats and analysis; Appendix 3. Linear matrix transformations; Appendix 4. Fourier series; Appendix 5. Exact noise analysis for a cascode amplifier with inductive degeneration; Appendix 6. Noise analysis of the common-emitter amplifier with transformer feedback; Appendix 7. Common-source amplifier with shunt-series transformer feedback; Appendix 8. HiCUM level 0 model for a SiGe HBT; Appendix 9. Technology parameters; Appendix 10. Analytical study of oscillator phase noise; Appendix 11. Physical constants; Appendix 12. Letter frequency bands; Index.