Her Ladyship's Guide to Running One's HomeHardback
List price $13.52
You save $3.25 24% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: National Trust Books
- Format: Hardback | 160 pages
- Dimensions: 120mm x 188mm x 18mm | 222g
- Publication date: 1 September 2012
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1907892133
- ISBN 13: 9781907892134
- Illustrations note: 10
- Sales rank: 199,154
* Her Ladyship, star of Her Ladyship's Guide to the Queen's English and Her Ladyship's Guide to Modern Manners, turns her attention to another tricky area of modern life: how to run a home * She gives you the proper advice on burning domestic issues ranging from everyday housework and how to behave around house guests to dealing with cleaners and childminders * The perfect gift for anyone who wants to run their home 'properly' but practically Ever wondered how to fit the ironing into an already overcrowded schedule? Or needed advice on how to deal with house guests whose political opinions you abhor? In this charming follow-up to the popular Her Ladyship's Guide to the Queen's English, Her Ladyship dons the mantle of a modern Mrs Beeton to provide the answers to these pressing domestic questions, and many more. In her trademark lightly humorous but always elegant style, she discusses important issues such as day-to-day housekeeping and routines (exactly how clean do you need to keep your house?) , dealing effectively but graciously with 'staff' (cleaners, au pairs, gardeners), how to avoid committing social faux pas when entertaining, and useful ideas for getting the children to help with the housework. The book is not aimed solely at people who live in large country houses, like Her Ladyship, but at anyone who feels in need of a bit of gentle guidance on running a home properly, whatever its size or type, while still coping with the demands of work, childcare and all the other perils of modern life.
Other books in this category
USD$8.03 - Save $2.48 23% off - RRP $10.51
USD$14.96 - Save $6.07 28% off - RRP $21.03
USD$9.55 - Save $2.46 20% off - RRP $12.01
USD$23.91 - Save $6.16 20% off - RRP $30.07
USD$10.77 - Save $4.25 28% off - RRP $15.02
USD$25.30 - Save $3.25 11% off - RRP $28.55
Caroline Taggart is the author of Her Ladyship's Guide to the Queen's English, I Used to Know That, The Book of English Place Names and The Book of London Place Names, and co-author of My Grammar and I (or should that be 'Me'?). Also a highly experienced editor, she visits literary festivals and writers' workshops around the country, advising aspiring writers on how to get published. She is not related to Her Ladyship, but shares many of her prejudices. She lives in London.