Health and Physical Education: Preparing Educators for the FuturePaperback
List price $93.71
You save $17.23 18% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Paperback | 214 pages
- Dimensions: 176mm x 248mm x 14mm | 381g
- Publication date: 24 September 2012
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 1107608171
- ISBN 13: 9781107608177
- Edition statement: New.
- Illustrations note: 8 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Sales rank: 192,470
Health and Physical Education empowers the health and physical education teachers of tomorrow to engage students across a wide range of learning ages. It highlights the importance of physical skills development within the broader structure of child and adolescent maturity. This well-structured and engaging text considers the role of health and physical education within the wider educational experience, and provides a comprehensive overview of the skills and theory required to teach health and physical education in Australian schools. Health and Physical Education is based on current research literature and is enhanced by a range of valuable teaching resources - including further reading, end-of-chapter questions and case studies - intended to extend and develop students' learning. It is accompanied by an extensive companion website, http://www.cambridge.edu.au/academic/hpe.
Other books in this category
$26.09 - Save $16.01 38% off - RRP $42.10
$24.10 - Save $7.92 24% off - RRP $32.02
$17.31 - Save $1.83 (9%) - RRP $19.14
Table of contents
1. Introduction; 2. The foundation of movement skills; 3. Teaching inclusively: equity and diversity in education; 4. What all teachers need to know about movement; 5. Pedagogy; 6. Planning for teaching and Learning; 7. ICT and general capabilities of the Australian curriculum; 8. Assessment in physical education, health and well-being; 9. Health and well-being education.