Great Debates in JurisprudencePaperback Palgrave Great Debates in Law
List price $34.41
You save $3.97 11% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Palgrave MacMillan
- Format: Paperback | 272 pages
- Dimensions: 155mm x 235mm x 15mm | 412g
- Publication date: 15 August 2014
- Publication City/Country: Basingstoke
- ISBN 10: 1137327537
- ISBN 13: 9781137327536
- Illustrations note: 7 black & white tables
- Sales rank: 467,701
A clear and critical exposition of the more advanced concepts in Jurisprudence, providing a cutting edge for students who are looking to gain additional insights with which to excel. Readers are introduced to the many debates surrounding each core area and presented with the key tensions and questions underlying each topic.
Other books in this category
USD$9.98 - Save $4.97 33% off - RRP $14.95
USD$33.84 - Save $6.56 16% off - RRP $40.40
USD$9.08 - Save $2.88 24% off - RRP $11.96
USD$27.11 - Save $2.82 (9%) - RRP $29.93
Nicholas J McBride is Fellow and Director of Studies in Law at Pembroke College, Cambridge, UK. Sandy Steel is Fellow and Tutor in Law at Wadham College, Oxford, UK.
Table of contents
1. The Nature of Law 2. The Normativity of Law 3. The Rule of Recognition 4. The Morality of Legality 5. Natural Law 6. Adjudication and Interpretation 7. The Obligation to Obey the Law 8. Morality and Rights 9. Justice 10. The Enforcement of Morality 11. The Value of Studying Jurisprudence