Global Occupational HealthHardback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 10 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press Inc
- Format: Hardback | 624 pages
- Dimensions: 190mm x 254mm x 42mm | 1,338g
- Publication date: 31 March 2011
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0195380002
- ISBN 13: 9780195380002
- Edition: 1
- Illustrations note: 27 line-cuts and 71 half-tones
Global Occupational Health is a concise, complete introduction to a vital-but often neglected-area in the field of health sciences. Work-related illnesses and injuries are critical concerns for every country and at every stage of economic development and an important determinant of health and financial security for working adults and their families. As a comprehensive textbook designed for students, professionals in public health, and occupational health practitioners who are working across international boundaries, this book will provide the reader with solid foundational knowledge of occupational health through the lens of economic development. Perfect for use as both a stand-alone text or as supplementary reading, this book addresses worker protection and the management of occupational health from rich industrialized countries to developing societies. The first section of the book concentrates on broad approaches and frameworks for the investigation and management of health in the workplace. The second section addresses important hazards. The third section addresses specific industry sectors, management challenges, and policies at the global level. Each chapter links occupational health to economic development concepts and future trends. The contributed chapters are authored by international experts in the field, enriched by boxed case studies and supportive concrete examples. This work sets a new standard for education in occupational health.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$84.41 - Save $3.36 (3%) - RRP $87.77
USD$20.26 - Save $2.70 11% off - RRP $22.96
USD$85.25 - Save $11.58 11% off - RRP $96.83
USD$77.46 - Save $10.29 11% off - RRP $87.75
Other books in this category
Tee L. Guidotti, MD, MPH, DABT, is an international consultant in health, safety, and sustainability at Medical Advisory Services (a division of The NMAS Group), a firm in Rockville, Maryland. He is a physician and retired professor of environmental and occupational health.
This is an excellent textbook of occupational health,1 which has been published at a crucial time in the development of global health. International Journal of Epidemiology
Table of contents
1. The Principles of Occupational Health, Jorma Rantanen ; 2. 2. Chemical Safety and Risk Assessment, Kai Savolainen and Pentti Kalliokoski ; 3. 3. Occupational Epidemiology, Panu Oksa and Jukka Uitta ; 4. 4. Exposure Assessment, Rauno Paakkonen ; 5. 5. Monitoring and Surveillance, Jukka Uitta and Panu Oksa ; 6. 6. Safety, Tee L. Guidotti ; 7. 7. Ergonomics, Veikko Louhevaara and Nina Navala ; 8. 8. Physical Hazards, Tee L. Guidotti ; 9. 9. Chemical Hazards, Rene Mendes ; 10. 10. Biological Hazards at Work, Gregory Chan and David Koh ; 11. 11. Stress and Psychological Factors, Tsutoma Hoshuyama ; 12. 12. Hazard Control, Erkki Kahkonen ; 13. 13. Clinical Evaluation of Occupational Disorders, Gregory Chan and David Koh ; 14. 14. Occupational Injuries, Tee L. Guidotti ; 15. 15. Musculoskeletal Disorders, Thomas Laubli and Craig Karpilow ; 16. 16. Occupational Diseases, Gregory Chan ; 17. 17. Fitness-To-Work Evaluation, John Cowell ; 18. 18. Health Protection, Health Promotion, and Disease Prevention at the Workplace, Rene Mendes and Elizabeth Costa Dias ; 19. 19. Industries and Workplaces, Hugo Rudiger, Michael Nasterlack, Andreas Zober, and Tee L. Guidotti ; 20. 20. Health Care Workers, Tee L. Guidotti ; 21. 21. Agriculture, Jyrki Liesivuori ; 22. 22. Occupational Health and Safety in Small Enterprises, Jeffrey Spickett and E. Wallis-Long ; 23. 23. The Worker, Tee L. Guidotti ; 24. 24. Common Occupations, Hua Fu, Tee L. Guidotti, and Kari Lindstrom ; 25. 25. Occupational Health and Economic Development, Tee L. Guidotti ; 26. 26. Covenants in Occupational Health, Igor Fedotov ; 27. 27. Occupational Health Services, Tee L. Guidotti ; 28. 28. Delivering Health Care, Tee L. Guidotti ; 29. 29. The Economic Burden of Occupational Diseases, You-xin Liang ; 30. 30. Emerging Issues, Jorma Rantanen ; 31. 31. The Future, Jorma Rantanen ; REFERENCES AND RECOMMENDED READING