Get into Medical School: 600 UKCAT Practice Questions: Includes Full Mock Exam, Comprehensive Tips, Techniques and ExplanationsPaperback Get Into Medical School
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: ISC Medical
- Format: Paperback | 420 pages
- Dimensions: 150mm x 208mm x 22mm | 540g
- Publication date: 1 June 2009
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1905812094
- ISBN 13: 9781905812097
- Sales rank: 10,965
With over 600 UKCAT practice questions (including a full mock exam), in-depth explanations, and comprehensive tips and techniques spanning over 400 pages, this book constitutes an ideal preparation tool for the UKCAT in 2013 (2014 entry), helping candidates save time, retain focus and optimise their score. The book shows how to approach each type of question (abstract, verbal and quantitative reasoning together with decision analysis) and helps candidates familiarise themselves with all the potential traps that can be laid by the examiners. The overwhelming range of exercises that it contains will enable all UKCAT candidates to refine and optimise their technique to answer questions under strict time constraints. This book replicates the breadth and depth of the different types of questions that can be asked in the live UKCAT test and the spectrum of difficulties that it covers (from normal to stretching), which makes it an ideal preparation tool for all those who want to achieve a high score and maximise their chances of getting into the medical school of their choice.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$19.26 - Save $1.03 (5%) - RRP $20.29
$40.33 - Save $4.19 (9%) - RRP $44.52
$35.04 - Save $4.01 10% off - RRP $39.05
$28.21 - Save $3.02 (9%) - RRP $31.23
Other books in this category
$31.20 - Save $5.51 15% off - RRP $36.71
$57.64 - Save $12.65 17% off - RRP $70.29
$16.71 - Save $11.39 40% off - RRP $28.10
$48.71 - Save $5.95 10% off - RRP $54.66
Olivier Picard is a communication specialist and head of ISC Medical, a company specialising in the coaching and tutoring of medical school applicants and qualified doctors. Over the years, he has coached thousands of medical school entrants successfully, advising both on UKCAT and medical school interview skills preparation. He is the author of a best-selling interview skills guide for medical school interviews. David Phillips is a consultant in GU and HIV Medicine and has wide-ranging experience in the training and education of medical students and doctors at all levels. Laetitia Tighlit is a teacher with extensive experience in the fields of education and testing, and Sami Tighlit is a social science graduate with comprehensive experience of psychometric and other selection tests. The book would also not have been written without the 40 new medical students who shared their recent knowledge of the UKCAT exam and tested all questions to ensure that they constituted accurate practice.
Table of contents
1. Background - 2. How the UKCAT test results are used - 3. Quantative Reasoning. Format, Purpose & Key Techniques - 4. QR Practice Questions - 5. QR Answers to practice questions - 6. Abstract Reasoning. Format, Purpose and Key Techniques - 7. AR Practice Questions - 8. AR Answers to practice questions - 9. Verbal Reasoning. Format, Purpose and Key Techniques - 10. VR Practice Questions - 11. VR Answers to practice questions - 12. Decision Analysis. Format, Purpose and Key Techniques - 13. DA Practice Questions - 14. DA Answers to practice questions - 15. Mock exam.