Genetic Algorithms, Principles and Perspectives: A Guide to GA TheoryHardback Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces Series
- Publisher: Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Format: Hardback | 332 pages
- Dimensions: 159mm x 248mm x 27mm | 735g
- Publication date: 1 January 2003
- Publication City/Country: Boston, MA
- ISBN 10: 1402072406
- ISBN 13: 9781402072406
- Edition statement: 2002 ed.
- Illustrations note: 4 black & white illustrations, biography
Genetic Algorithms: Principles and Perspectives: A Guide to GA Theory is a survey of some important theoretical contributions, many of which have been proposed and developed in the Foundations of Genetic Algorithms series of workshops. However, this theoretical work is still rather fragmented, and the authors believe that it is the right time to provide the field with a systematic presentation of the current state of theory in the form of a set of theoretical perspectives. The authors do this in the interest of providing students and researchers with a balanced foundational survey of some recent research on GAs. The scope of the book includes chapter-length discussions of Basic Principles, Schema Theory, "No Free Lunch", GAs and Markov Processes, Dynamical Systems Model, Statistical Mechanics Approximations, Predicting GA Performance, Landscapes and Test Problems.
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$25.57 - Save $5.24 17% off - RRP $30.81
USD$39.64 - Save $20.46 34% off - RRP $60.10
USD$18.48 - Save $12.33 40% off - RRP $30.81
USD$40.12 - Save $7.65 16% off - RRP $47.77
USD$37.61 - Save $10.16 21% off - RRP $47.77
USD$41.16 - Save $20.48 33% off - RRP $61.64
Table of contents
1. Introduction. 2. Basic Principles. 3. Schema Theory. 4. Non Free Lunch for GAs. 5. GAs as Markov Processes. 6. The Dynamical Systems Model. 7. Statistical Mechanics Approximations. 8. Predicting GA Performance. 9. Landschapes. 10. Summary. A: Test Problems. Bibliography. Index.