Further Greek Epigrams: Epigrams Before AD 50 from the Greek Anthology and Other Sources, Not Included in 'Hellenistic Epigrams' or 'The Garland of Philip'Paperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Paperback | 616 pages
- Dimensions: 154mm x 222mm x 42mm | 921g
- Publication date: 1 July 2009
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521063779
- ISBN 13: 9780521063777
- Edition: 1
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 1,125,028
This book continues the work done in the volumes edited by A. S. F. Gow and D. L. Page entitled Hellenistic Epigrams and The Garland of Philip. It sets out to include all Greek literary epigrams composed before AD 50 and not published in those volumes, and extends also to epigrams ascribed to certain imperial Romans. Another author commented on is Leonides of Alexandria, whose poems observe curious mathematical laws. The challenge to the authenticity of much of what passes for Simonides and the associated historical discussion constitute one of the most important sections of the book. This edition and commentary will be indispensable to scholars of Greek literature.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$109.03 - Save $8.79 (7%) - RRP $117.82
$11.11 - Save $4.59 29% off - RRP $15.70
$17.13 - Save $6.42 27% off - RRP $23.55
$22.42 - Save $8.93 28% off - RRP $31.35
$10.53 - Save $6.74 39% off - RRP $17.27
Other books in this category
Table of contents
1. Authentic ascriptions; 2. Epigrams ascribed to famous names of the pre-Alexandrian era; 3. From the Palatine and Planudean Anthologies; 4. From other sources; 5. Leonides of Alexandria; 6. Nicodemus of Heraclea; 6. Tiberius Ilus; 7. Epigrams by the Imperial Romans.