$11.60 - Free shipping worldwide (to United States and
all these other countries) Usually dispatched within 48 hours
Short Description for First Thousand Words in German This volume is designed to encourage early language learning and word recognition in German, while keeping children entertained. The illustrations are presented in everyday scenes so that each object is easily identifiable.
- Published: 08 December 1995
- Format: Paperback 64 pages
- ISBN 13: 9780746023068 ISBN 10: 0746023065
- Sales rank: 10,337
$13.59 - Save $6.30 31% off - RRP $19.89
$10.90 - Save $0.70 6% off - RRP $11.60
$11.85 - Save $1.41 10% off - RRP $13.26
$11.98 - Save $4.53 27% off - RRP $16.51
Reviews for First Thousand Words in German
Just what I was looking for
I'm a homeschooling mum who speaks no German (apart from what I've learned as a singer!), but my husband speaks a little and so, wanting to give our children a second language, German seemed the obvious choice. What wasn't so obvious was how to go about it. Having spent countless hours trawling the internet looking for resources to use, I found Usborne's "German for Beginners" at our local library. My eldest daughter (5) loved it, but being so young I also liked the idea of memorising lots of vocabulary without having to worry about verb endings etc, which is exactly what this book gives us. In a nutshell, the things I really like about this book are:
1. It is linked to the internet with sound files spoken by a native speaker;
2. The vocabulary is really suited to young learners - lots of household items, common places etc;
3. The layout and illustrations - each double page is devoted to a particular environment, eg house, farm, zoo, schoolroom etc, and lots of common objects are pictured around the border with their German name.
4. The book focuses on nouns, which eliminates the confusion of verb endings for younger learners.
The younger years are when children have the greatest capacity for memorisation, and this book gives us ample vocabulary that we can use in our every day lives so that we get lots of practise! by Katie D