List price $10.49
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
Additional formats available
- Paperback $9.61
- Publisher: Usborne Publishing Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 64 pages
- Language: English / German
- Dimensions: 224mm x 302mm x 8mm | 259g
- Publication date: 8 December 1995
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0746023065
- ISBN 13: 9780746023068
- Edition: Revised
- Edition statement: Revised edition
- Illustrations note: colour illustrations
- Sales rank: 20,428
This book has large pictures for looking and talking, surrounded by small, labelled pictures of 1000 of the most familiar things, to build up and practice German vo cabulary. This is backed up by an alphabetical word list wit h pronunciation guides. '
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$10.81 - Save $7.19 39% off - RRP $18.00
USD$9.41 - Save $5.52 36% off - RRP $14.93
USD$7.22 - Save $3.27 31% off - RRP $10.49
USD$12.95 - Save $1.04 (7%) - RRP $13.99
USD$9.61 - Save $0.88 (8%) - RRP $10.49
Other books in this category
USD$15.46 - Save $3.98 20% off - RRP $19.44
USD$8.77 - Save $1.72 16% off - RRP $10.49
USD$15.79 - Save $4.16 20% off - RRP $19.95
USD$19.77 - Save $0.49 (2%) - RRP $20.26
By Katie D 05 May 2011
I'm a homeschooling mum who speaks no German (apart from what I've learned as a singer!), but my husband speaks a little and so, wanting to give our children a second language, German seemed the obvious choice. What wasn't so obvious was how to go about it. Having spent countless hours trawling the internet looking for resources to use, I found Usborne's "German for Beginners" at our local library. My eldest daughter (5) loved it, but being so young I also liked the idea of memorising lots of vocabulary without having to worry about verb endings etc, which is exactly what this book gives us. In a nutshell, the things I really like about this book are:
1. It is linked to the internet with sound files spoken by a native speaker;
2. The vocabulary is really suited to young learners - lots of household items, common places etc;
3. The layout and illustrations - each double page is devoted to a particular environment, eg house, farm, zoo, schoolroom etc, and lots of common objects are pictured around the border with their German name.
4. The book focuses on nouns, which eliminates the confusion of verb endings for younger learners.
The younger years are when children have the greatest capacity for memorisation, and this book gives us ample vocabulary that we can use in our every day lives so that we get lots of practise!