Examination and Analysis of Starch and Starch ProductsHardback
List price $110.98
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Format: Hardback | 220 pages
- Dimensions: 150mm x 230mm 540g
- Publication date: 1 September 1976
- Publication City/Country: Dordrecht
- ISBN 10: 0853346925
- ISBN 13: 9780853346920
- Illustrations note: biography
The literature of starch has proliferated in the last ten years at an almost geometric rate and a number of important changes and developments in the technology of starch and its derivatives have taken place which make it highly desirable to review these in some depth. The immensity of the subject determined the writer to seek the assistance of a number of prominent workers throughout the world. Where older work contains factual information of present value it has been retained, generally in the form of Additional References. These are brief abstracts which will help specialised searches in a branch of the subject to complete the information given in the text. Inclusion of dis- jointed information can often lead to the loss of coherence and clarity, and the device of the Additional References, whilst allowing smooth presentation, also allows the inclusion of up-to-the-minute material appearing after the main text has been written. The rewarding techniques of transmission and scanning electron microscopy have been dealt with for the first time in a book of this nature.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$256.49 - Save $13.25 (4%) - RRP $269.74
Other books in this category
USD$68.16 - Save $8.91 11% off - RRP $77.07
USD$175.00 - Save $17.66 (9%) - RRP $192.66
USD$135.01 - Save $43.79 24% off - RRP $178.80
Table of contents
1. The Microscopy of Starch.- 2. Electron Microscopy of Starch and Starch Products.- 3. The Rheology of Starch.- 4. Physical Methods of Characterising Starch.- 5. Chemical Analysis of Raw and Modified Starches.- 6. Determination of Starch in Various Products.- 7. The Analysis of Starch Derivatives.