The European UnionPaperback Global Institutions
- Publisher: ROUTLEDGE
- Format: Paperback | 192 pages
- Dimensions: 138mm x 216mm
- Publication date: 11 July 2015
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0415707587
- ISBN 13: 9780415707589
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: 1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones
Making often complex concepts easily comprehended, this book enables the reader to quickly build a solid and well-rounded understanding of the EU's history and present, covering: key debates on Europe, the ambiguous relationship with the US, the EU's internal and external activities, structure and institutions. Fully updated throughout, key additions for the second edition include extensive discussion of the financial crisis, changes in the Lisbon treaty, updates to the EU's domestic policies (Esp CAP and CFP) and a new discussion of the future developments and new directions.
Other books in this category
USD$40.39 - Save $7.72 16% off - RRP $48.11
USD$18.66 - Save $4.61 19% off - RRP $23.27
USD$10.42 - Save $1.98 15% off - RRP $12.40
USD$20.69 - Save $4.13 16% off - RRP $24.82
Clive Archer is a Research Professor in the Department of Politics and Philosophy, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, where he also holds a Jean Monnet ad personam Chair in European Integration. His research areas have been in European integration, with special reference to the Nordic area and small states, and Nordic-Baltic Security. He has also undertaken more general work on international organizations. Other publications also include New Security Issues in Northern Europe (Routledge, 2008) and Norway Outside the European Union (Routledge, 2005).
Table of contents
1. Introduction 2. A Brief History 3. Structure and Institutions 4. The EU's Activities: Internal 5. The EU's Activities: External 6. The Debate on the Nature of the EU 7. Where to Now?