Pemberton Mathematics for Cambridge IGCSE Student BookPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 528 pages
- Dimensions: 194mm x 254mm x 24mm | 1,161g
- Publication date: 1 November 2014
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 019912874X
- ISBN 13: 9780199128747
- Edition: Student edition
- Edition statement: Student
- Sales rank: 183,896
This fresh new approach fully covers the Extended Cambridge IGCSE in Mathematics and supports students to achieve the strongest results in exams. Providing a sequential and logical teaching path through the full syllabus, it thoroughly and euqally addresses all the four curriculum areas. Focused on active learning, it includes lots of worked examples and graduated exercises that will develop confidence as students progress. A full set of answers is included, and a free CD loaded with conceptual support for every part of the book further confirms understanding. EAL-friendly, with clear pictures and diagrams, a Teacher Resource Kit is also available, providing ideas, lesson plans and support. Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$85.40 - Save $0.63 - RRP $86.03
USD$156.27 - Save $0.81 - RRP $157.08
Other books in this category
USD$6.99 - Save $1.67 19% off - RRP $8.66
USD$7.94 - Save $0.01 - RRP $7.95
USD$4.64 - Save $6.82 59% off - RRP $11.46
USD$6.99 - Save $1.97 21% off - RRP $8.96
USD$7.94 - Save $4.01 33% off - RRP $11.95
Sue Pemberton Sue has taught mathematics for over thirty years and has worked as an examiner since 2003. She is also involved in professional development and has conducted training workshops in various countries across the world. She is particularly interested in raising standards in mathematics by promoting more active learning in the classroom.
By Bevan King 20 Apr 2014
Okay so I paid a lot of money for this book assuming it's a good book. But I'm WRONG. A lot of the answers in the answer sheet is printed wrong (they think 10 x 10= 110)......... Do NOT buy this book unless you're looking for paper to recycle.
The content is excellent and is the most comprehensive match to the 0580 extended syllabus that I have reviewed in any text. The experience of the author is very apparent in the construction of the chapters, examples and exercises. It is a very valuable resource to teachers that may be new to teaching 0580 IGCSE as it so closely matches the syllabus. Reviewer Very clear layout with lots of practice questions. We are working through chronologically using the CD PowerPoints before doing selected questions from a group of sections. This book is thorough yet to the point. It has everything we look for in IGCSE material - very clear easy to follow layout, with to the point explanations and thorough practice. Amazon Reviewer
Table of contents
1. Number - Order of operations ; Number - Directed numbers ; Number - Multiples, factors, primes, squares and cubes ; Number - Four rules for fractions ; Number - Significant figures and decimal places ; Algebra - Simplifying algebraic expressions ; Algebra - Solving linear equations ; Algebra - Constructing formulae ; Algebra - Substitution into formulae ; Algebra - Gradients and straight line graphs ; Shape & Space - Angle properties ; Shape & Space - Symmetry ; Shape & Space - Polygons ; Probability & Statistics - Averages and range ; Probability & Statistics - Frequency Tables ; 2. Number - Percentages 1 ; Number - Ration ; Algebra - Indices 1 ; Algebra - Solving inequalities ; Algebra - Manipulating algebraic fractions ; Algebra - The general equation of a straight line ; Algebra - Representing linear inequalities on graphs ; Shape & Space - Perimeter and area ; Shape & Space - Pythagoras ; Shape & Space - Geometrical constructions ; Shape & Space - Loci ; Shape & Space - Area and circumference of a circle ; Probability & Statistics - Displaying data ; 3. Number - Standard form ; Algebra - Simultaneous equations 1 ; Algebra - Factorising 1 ; Algebra - Rearranging formulae 1 ; Shape & Space - Similar triangles ; Shape & Space - Reflections, rotations, and translations ; Shape & Space - Enlargements ; Shape & Space - Surface area and volume 1 ; Probability & Statistics - Probability 1 ; 4. Number - Percentages 2 ; Algebra - Matrix algebra ; Algebra - Expanding double brackets ; Algebra - Quadratic graphs ; Shape & Space - Bearings ; Shape & Space - Trigonometry ; Shape & Space - Angles of elevation and depression ; Probability & Statistics - Scatter diagrams ; 5. Number - Direct and inverse proportion ; Number - Increase and decrease in a given ration ; Algebra - Functions ; Algebra - Factorising 2 ; Algebra - Cubic graphs ; Shape & Space - Surface area and volume 2 ; Shape & Space - Areas of similar shapes ; Shape & Space - Volumes of similar objects ; Probability & Statistics - Grouped frequency tables ; 6. Number - Percentages 3 ; Number - Speed, distance and time ; Algebra - Sets and Venn diagrams ; Algebra - Indices 2 ; Algebra - Solving quadratic equations by factorisation ; Algebra - Reciprocal graphs ; Shape & Space - Circle theorems ; Shape & Space - Stretches and shears ; Probability & Statistics - Probability 2 ; 7. Number - Distance-time graphs ; Number - Speed-time graphs ; Algebra - Rearranging formulae 2 ; Algebra - Sequences ; Algebra - Exponential graphs ; Shape & Space - Matrices and transformation ; Probability & Statistics - Cumulative frequency ; 8. Number - Rational and irrational numbers ; Algebra - Solving quadratic equations using the formula ; Algebra - Further algebraic functions ; Algebra - Variation ; Shape & Space - Sine and cosine rations up to 180 degrees ; Shape & Space - Area of a triangle ; Shape & Space - The sine and cosine rules ; Probability & Statistics - Histograms ; 9. Number - Upper and lower bounds ; Algebra - Simultaneous equations 2 ; Algebra - Linear programming ; Algebra - Solving quadratic equations by completing the square ; Algebra - Using graphs to solve equations ; Shape & Space - Vectors and geometry ; Probability & Statistics - Probability 3